Heer's Tower Redevelopment

(gulps) have you seen their menu? Pricey, Pricey, and Pricey. I would love see that rooftop banquate facility wrapped in glass! But we need nightlife time on Square Park... really bad! Nightime life will bring enterainments in Downtown!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Restoration St. Louis pulls out of running... McGowan/Walsh wins the Heers building!

YES!!!!!! :yahoo: I can't wait. Hopefully they will go with the Boutique Hotel so we can get a Mike Shannons Steak House!

The city called the firm's choice to withdraw from the process a "corporate decision" made in its best interest, according to a city news release. Restoration St. Louis spokesman Richard Callow would not comment on the firm's decision but released a statement from company principal Amrit Gill: "Heer's is a wonderful building that could be an important part of revitalizing Springfield some day. We wish the city the success it expects."

City Economic Development Director Mary Lilly Smith said city officials were "very, very surprised" by the Gills' decision, but efforts began immediately to move forward with McGowan{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Walsh, also of St. Louis.

"We're going to move as fast as we can through the negotiation process," Smith said. "We're going to be working with (Kevin McGowan) on the deal points of his building acquisition and his construction schedule, and we hope to have something to council very quickly."

If Heer's ever gets finished, there will be little downtown space left. This will cause prices to rise which will cause the need for taller buildings. Two 30 story office buildings sure would look great on the skyline!

Unfortunately Springfield will always have a smaller skyline than older Northeastern cities. It will continue to have sprawl growth and businesses will build cheaper office parks on farmland than build tall expensive buildings. I hope I am wrong.

Hey Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to see someone from an outer city in the forum.

Springfield wont really have that much more sprawl if at all. What you are seeing more and more is the cities like Republic, Nixa, Ozark, Strafford, Rogersville, Willard, etc... are getting more infil developments that will edge those cities closer and closer to Springfield. Nixa and Ozark are good examples of this becuase they are basically intermingled with Springfield with the exception of few areas. I think you guys will be surprised what will come to downtown Springfield in the next couple of years. We are going to start seeing more highrises around 15-25 stories and then maybe in 10-15 years we will get 30+ story tower. I would still watch out though, developers like Rick Huffman and others are noticing the great prominence that downtown Springfield has built. To sum it all up, Springfield is one of the strongest mid-sized metros in the country and people are noticing.

Hey Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to see someone from an outer city in the forum.

Springfield wont really have that much more sprawl if at all. What you are seeing more and more is the cities like Republic, Nixa, Ozark, Strafford, Rogersville, Willard, etc... are getting more infil developments that will edge those cities closer and closer to Springfield. Nixa and Ozark are good examples of this becuase they are basically intermingled with Springfield with the exception of few areas. I think you guys will be surprised what will come to downtown Springfield in the next couple of years. We are going to start seeing more highrises around 15-25 stories and then maybe in 10-15 years we will get 30+ story tower. I would still watch out though, developers like Rick Huffman and others are noticing the great prominence that downtown Springfield has built. To sum it all up, Springfield is one of the strongest mid-sized metros in the country and people are noticing.

I think you might be partially right. But if you look at the new growth of cities (1960's and on), the clustered and very dense urban area has become a thing of the past. It was necessary to be clustered before, but with the popularization of the automobile, cities could grow out further. (I dont know why I'm writing this, I'm sure you already know) My point is that if I am a business man, and I have the opportunity to build a 30+ story high rise for 50 million dollars or an office park of the same square footage on cheap farm land off the interstate near Strafford for 10 million, I will probably choose the later. This does change however as a metro gets bigger to some extent. Certain types of businesses would prefer to be centrally located rather than 20 miles from the city center. I just don't Springfield has quite reached that size yet.

Also having 10-20 thousand people in several high rise buildings would be a logistical nightmare for the transportation dept. The main arteries are clogged enough as it is. That's where a crosstown expressway through or right next to downtown would help. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks, about a year from now Downtown Springfield is going to look pretty damn good! I love going to Jordan Valley Park and standing on top of one of those big mounds and just looking around at center city, OTC, Drury... you really get a great view of thing s from the point. Whats even better is thinking about what else is coming in the near future. I love Springfield!

^ The good thing about those photos is that McGowan Walsh will do little to none of the gutting work before they start the remodeling process which means that it will be an earlier finish date.

Hey guys just think what downtown will look like in 1 year. I know I've said this and said this but College Station and Car Park, JQH Arena, Heers Tower and Car Park, The Square Revitalization, A new hotel across from Jordan Valley... will all be getting completed within 3 months-1 year from each other! Thats some REALLY great developments there!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amzing isnt it... two parking decks a being built literally across the street downtown. The Heers carpark is schedualed for completion in January of next year, the college station carpark is set to be done in September!!!!!! It's a very exciting time to be in Downtown Springfield!!!!!

Archived