Branson Landing Boardwalk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How was it slyder?

I've got to know if this development is as good as it sounds.

:lol: I came back to this particular topic to ask the same question.

Gotta fill us in, man...

Looks really cool, and of course one of these days I'll make it to Branson to check it out. I've always wanted to go to Branson anyway, so hopefully I'll be able to do it soon.

Hey everyone thanks for all your interest! I have not been to the Landing yet due to personal issues but I promise I will have some pics on here by tommoro night. From all the news casts and newpaper articles it looks twice as nice as I could have imagined so I really can't wait until tommoro morning.

BTW the website has been redone so check it out: www.bransonlanding.com

Hey everyone thanks for all your interest! I have not been to the Landing yet due to personal issues but I promise I will have some pics on here by tommoro night. From all the news casts and newpaper articles it looks twice as nice as I could have imagined so I really can't wait until tommoro morning.

BTW the website has been redone so check it out: www.bransonlanding.com

Hey, I understand life gets in the way sometimes!! I'm actually excited for you, because I can tell from the website that it's a cool place.

OK, I didn't take these photos I just found them on the internet. I am not going to make any promises because more things get in the way me getting to Branson but I will go sometime this week. So I hope that these photos will hold everyone over until I get down there.

P.S. Remember alot of thing still have to be finished for the Grand Opening on June 16!

Picture008.jpg

Picture2355.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture2353.jpg

Picture2352.jpg

The wall you see in the photo below is the construction still going on by the water on the fountains, flames....and the grand stairs.

Picture2351.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture2349.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Some of my family and friends have seen it and they said it reminds them of the Plaza in KC, except smaller.

BL is spectacular! I'm amazed at how much it really looks like the renders described it. It does seem to be missing some greenery though... something to soften up all the brick and mortar. Also could use some vendor carts set up here and there. Maybe a downtown hot dog cart. But overall it is great looking.

BL is spectacular! I'm amazed at how much it really looks like the renders described it. It does seem to be missing some greenery though... something to soften up all the brick and mortar. Also could use some vendor carts set up here and there. Maybe a downtown hot dog cart. But overall it is great looking.

I was shocked as well. It looks even better than the renders to me. There are actually vendors, I guess the person that shot the photos just didn't get any. I wish they would have added some more flowers and big planters to really give it that extra kick, but you gotta give this about a year becaue I'm sure they will get idea's and comments as they go along.

Wow, this is even better than I thought it would be. I like the distinct Main Street Feel with the incorporation of modern buildings. There's more diversity in the buildings than I thought.

I've got to check this out.

One thing I love about this project is that there are 4 or 5 different districts with distinct architecture; Uptown, Wharf, Bricktown..... There is soo much diversity. If I were you, since you have a longer drive, I would wait until after the June 16 Grand Opening because everything will be going great by then.

I thought I would post all of the kiosks and stands that will be located within the BL.

In The Ballpark: (opens mid-June)

Hotdogs, Brats, Nachos & MORE!

Health Restore:

Personal & portable mini massage products .

Wonders of Eucolyptus:

Sale and demonstration of eucalyptus oil products designed to relieve muscle soreness and joint discomfort

Foot Trendz:

Rope sandals for men & women.

Designer Shades:

Moderately priced designer style sunglasses for the entire family.

Mini Massage:

Moderately priced massage products.

Aloevera (opens early June):

Sale & demonstration of Aloe Vera products for skin care, treatment of burns, as an antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral concentrate.

ZIP IT (opens mid-June):

A fresh & fun take on ordinary handbags!

Branson Landing Fountain & Fire DVD (opens mid-June):

Captures the experience of the Landing's famous fountain on DVD.

Auntie Anne's (opens early June):

Fresh soft pretzels & ice-cold Lemonade.

Pearl of Dead Sea (opens early June):

Highly concentrated, beneficial minerals from the Dead Sea for hand, face & body.

Handbag Trendz:

Designer inspired handbags & wallets.

Wireless Trendz:

Cellular phone accessories.

Branson Gifts & Tees:

Branson Landing logo merchandise.

Kids Juke Box (opens early June):

Children's personalized audio & music CD's.

Kerruso (opens early June):

Christian themed apparel and gifts.

Temporary Airbrush Tattoos:

Temporary tattoos applied on-site.

Foto Fantasy (opens mid-June):

Instant souvenir photo vending.

Definately looks worth while checking out.

I didn't realize there were different building districts, can you elaborate on what kind of buildings are incorporated into each district?

The Uptown district, which is where the Hilton is, incorporates a more high class 5th Ave. style, then the Wharf is a ocean-sea scene, then the Ozarks scene and some more I'm not sure of. I will have to wait until I get down there.

Those are great kiosks... and a real hot dog kiosk to boot! BTW... add entertainment alongside those kiosks such as jugglers, sword swallowers, fire eaters, puppeteers and magicians who will entertain the shoppers passing by. My God, what have they done? This is going to be the closest thing to the Downtown Disney District and is even bigger than Disney's Boardwalk in Orlando. The way Branson is going there won't need to be a Disney Theme Park in the region. :D

Those are great kiosks... and a real hot dog kiosk to boot! BTW... add entertainment alongside those kiosks such as jugglers, sword swallowers, fire eaters, puppeteers and magicians who will entertain the shoppers passing by. My God, what have they done? This is going to be the closest thing to the Downtown Disney District and is even bigger than Disney's Boardwalk in Orlando. The way Branson is going there won't need to be a Disney Theme Park in the region. :D

It's pretty amazing, and the crazy thing is none of us have even been to the BL yet. If you ask me it will look 10 times better in person than what it does in the pictures. I guess I'm going to wait until the June 16 Grand Opening to get down there since I've waited this long. It's good though becasue I will get some photos of the fountain and flame show that evening.

The Bass Pro White River Outpost at Branson Landing opened on Thursday June 8. This comes on the heel of a surprise in customers at the first two weeks from the BL opening. Most of the stores and restaurants are schedualed to open this month with the hilton and the others being completed by the end of summer.

The Bass pro features a test ride boat marina on the lake for those serious buyers.

Here are some photos from the opening day.

article_553_Main_Entrance_Web.jpg

06052006_182507.jpg

article_553_Pool_Deer_Web.jpg

There are 4-5 story condominium towers in the Branson Landing. Two Hiltons and two called the Branson Landing Condo's. Here are some renderings of what the inside of some of the condo's will look like.

According to the website these are the final renders and design.

boardwalk_interior.jpg

promenade_interior.jpg

:yahoo:JUNE 16 - A Branson Landing Summer Celebration! :yahoo:

9:20am Acrobats of China Dragon Parade of Dignitaries on Trolley from the North end of the Branson Landing Promenade to Town Square.

Pre-Show Music provided by Mike Cathcart and his All Star Band in Town Square

9:30am Darren Romeo welcomes the crowd to Branson Landing.

Ambrus Leigh and John Presley perform "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".

9:40am Short speeches by President of HCW, Rick Huffman, Mayor Lou Schaeffer, Mayor pro tem, Ron Huff and Urban Retail Properties Co. President, Ross Glickman. Darren Romeo intros...

9:45am The World's Largest Ribbon Cutting, featuring representatives from all Branson Landing stores and restaurants who are open and the presenting dignitaries. Darren Romeo intros...

9:55am Todd Oliver and Irving performing with some very special guests!

Darren Romeo performs some musical magic for the crowd and describes the day's celebration and intros...

10:00am Mr. Bill Medley to perform "The Time of Your Life!"

10:05am Darren intros Ms. Shandi Finnessey, Miss USA 2004, to dedicate the Branson Landing Fountain on the Waterfront. A spectacular surprise christening stunt will be performed!

10:15am On cue, the debut of the WET Design fountains will perform to a spectacular and memorable rendition of the Star Spangled Banner!

Darren Romeo thanks the crowd and invites them to enjoy the cameo appearnces by Branson performers and the Branson Landing Street performers during the day and to come back for the nighttime concert.

8:30pm When the sun goes down the energy goes up! The main stage features a performance by the Chinese Acrobats, followed by a Summer Celebration Concert, headlined by VENICE, California's top LIVE band in an exclusive Branson Landing appearance between European Tours. Concert ends at 10:45pm.

Darren Romeo hosts the Nighttime debut of the WET Design Fountains, choreographed to memorable popular songs from the 80's and 90's.

OK, I didn't take these photos I just found them on the internet. I am not going to make any promises because more things get in the way me getting to Branson but I will go sometime this week. So I hope that these photos will hold everyone over until I get down there.

P.S. Remember alot of thing still have to be finished for the Grand Opening on June 16!

.photos snipped for reply.

The only thing I don't like about this project is that the trolley appears to be on a bus chassis rather than on rails.

That said, I'm completely impressed by this project. I love our Boardwalk here, but after seeing these photos of the one in Branson, I must say I'm pretty jealous! For starters, your Bass Pro already has its marina up and running while ours is still being "planned." Also, yours appears to have residences in 4-6 story buildings which look awesome at the street level in these photos.

VERY impressive, man!!

The only thing I don't like about this project is that the trolley appears to be on a bus chassis rather than on rails.

That said, I'm completely impressed by this project. I love our Boardwalk here, but after seeing these photos of the one in Branson, I must say I'm pretty jealous! For starters, your Bass Pro already has its marina up and running while ours is still being "planned." Also, yours appears to have residences in 4-6 story buildings which look awesome at the street level in these photos.

VERY impressive, man!!

I'm glad you like what you see. It's propably a little easier for the Bass Pro here to get things up and running quikly becasue the Headquarters is thirty minuets away. I think the reason they didn't use rail line for the trolleys was for safety reasons. It's also good to hear that the Bass Pro in Shreveport is getting a trial marina as well. If I'm correct Branson and Shreveport (when completed) will be the only Bass Pro's in the Country with trial marina's! :thumbsup:

I hope you get the chance to come check it out someday as well as Springfield.

I'm glad you like what you see. It's propably a little easier for the Bass Pro here to get things up and running quikly becasue the Headquarters is thirty minuets away. I think the reason they didn't use rail line for the trolleys was for safety reasons. It's also good to hear that the Bass Pro in Shreveport is getting a trial marina as well. If I'm correct Branson and Shreveport (when completed) will be the only Bass Pro's in the Country with trial marina's! :thumbsup:

I hope you get the chance to come check it out someday as well as Springfield.

Hey, that sets us apart (Branson & Shreveport.) I know there's a Bass Pro on the water down in Islamorada, Florida, but I'm not sure if they have a marina for trial runs.

Yes, your Boardwalk is definitely impressive. ONE OF THESE DAYS I will get my butt up to Branson. I have so many places I want to visit now it's not even funny. :)

What the heck? There's a train that runs right through the middle of Branson Landing? And it looks like a passenger rail to me. Great camera link... beautiful architecture!

The railroad is an active freight line operated by the Missouri and Northern Arkansas Railroad. The Branson Scenic Railway also leases a portion of the track which runs through Branson and operates scenic and diner excursions.

Archived