N.O. crime on the rise.

bigboyz05

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, that equipment was probably stolen by out of town contractors. While we are apprieciative of their help, it is estimated by the NOPD that roughly 1/2 of out of town contractors are buying drugs from the dealers who are the fuel that fires our drug wars at the moment. Don't shoot the messenger... these are NOPD claims.

• 4 weeks later...

In the early-mid 90's, New Orleans was known as the "Murder Capital of the World" and for damn good reason. The crime, especially homicide, was absolutely horrible then, and the worst was in '93 and '94. In 1994, 421 people were killed (85.8 per 100,000 people), and that homicide rate has not been matched by any major city to date. The Uptown project's, especially Magnolia, contributed very heavily to the murder rate, and that area was a very dangerous place to be in in the the 90's. If you remember I had said something about being lucky to be alive for all of the time I spent in the 13th Ward in the mid 90's, and well, that' why.

Yeah in 93 NO had the highest murder rate in the country, then in 94 it doubled.

But New Orleans has NEVER had (and will never have) the highest murder rate in the world. It was the highest murder rate in the country, which is bad enough. But nowhere close to the highest in the WORLD.

I dont even think Baghdad has the highest murder rate in the world. And we see whats happening over there. Day after day.

Archived