Indian Ridge

$1.6 billion development under way

The project, called Indian Ridge, is being developed near Branson West on Missouri 76 by Springfield developers Jim and Virginia Shirato.

More than 100 people showed up at the 1,000-acre site Monday afternoon for its officials groundbreaking.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a big reason I love to live in a community that puts the community first (if that makes sense). I have been to alot of places espeacially in the North East and I always love to come back becasue I get a real sense of community when I am here. While Springfield has grown the city leaders have always put its citizens first which is hard when we keep growing.

Are there any plans for family attractions in NWA?

Fayetteville is supposed to build a regional park with sports fields and probably a playground, but it won't be anything like Jordan Valley Park. NWA has some nice city and neighborhood parks, but there's no sign of any real family attractions coming to NWA. Other than roller skating and bowling there are a couple of mediocre miniature golf amusement centers and the new Crystal Bridges Museum is supposed to be somewhat family-oriented, but I doubt it will really be a fun place to take kids.

NWA has never had an amusement park, a water park, a kid-friendly science center, a zoo, an aquarium or anything like Jordan Valley Park. There was an interest a few years ago to build a water park, but that got buried. Oh and there are a few public swimming pools, but I noticed Springfield has a couple more than NWA and Springfield's seems more kid-friendly with bigger slides and such. NWA doesn't have any kind of fun family restaurants like The Great American Pizza Company, but Pinnacle Promenade is supposedly getting an It'z Fun family restaurant similar to it. Like Springfield, NWA does have a ChuckE Cheese, though I've been to better ones. I think that covers all the family-oriented attractions in NWA... or should I say NOT in NWA.

Fayetteville is supposed to build a regional park with sports fields and probably a playground, but it won't be anything like Jordan Valley Park. NWA has some nice city and neighborhood parks, but there's no sign of any real family attractions coming to NWA. Other than roller skating and bowling there are a couple of mediocre miniature golf amusement centers and the new Crystal Bridges Museum is supposed to be somewhat family-oriented, but I doubt it will really be a fun place to take kids.

NWA has never had an amusement park, a water park, a kid-friendly science center, a zoo, an aquarium or anything like Jordan Valley Park. There was an interest a few years ago to build a water park, but that got buried. Oh and there are a few public swimming pools, but I noticed Springfield has a couple more than NWA and Springfield's seems more kid-friendly with bigger slides and such. NWA doesn't have any kind of fun family restaurants like The Great American Pizza Company, but Pinnacle Promenade is supposedly getting an It'z Fun family restaurant similar to it. Like Springfield, NWA does have a ChuckE Cheese, though I've been to better ones. I think that covers all the family-oriented attractions in NWA... or should I say NOT in NWA.

You would think that they would push for more family attractions with all of the business people moving in there but then again it takes time for things to really get movin. Springfield has always tried to make itself a great family place so its been easier for the city and people to add more family attractions beacause they know they will go over well.

You would think that they would push for more family attractions with all of the business people moving in there but then again it takes time for things to really get movin. Springfield has always tried to make itself a great family place so its been easier for the city and people to add more family attractions beacause they know they will go over well.

I think Fayetteville is focusing more on the University students with nightclubs, bars, movie theatres and eclectic restaurants. The rest of NWA just wants to have the biggest, most expensive homes, upscale shopping and fine restaurants to keep the well-to-do corporate professionals happy. The lack of any family attractions is really only going to get worse here as more people, especially families, move to NWA. Springfield may not be perfect, but even with a casual look at Springfield it's obvious that family is a very important aspect of the community.

The Water Park is still being scoured by Pinnacle, I recieved an email from them. I was told that we will here more once the Promenade opens.

The Promenade isn't getting an It'z Fun, Pleasant Crossing is. :D

Sorry, I guess this is a Springfield Topic. :lol:

The Water Park is still being scoured by Pinnacle, I recieved an email from them. I was told that we will here more once the Promenade opens.

I'm tired of hearing about things... I guess I'm just too impatient, but I'm ready to see some action and not hear all the BS about why it can't be done now.

The Promenade isn't getting an It'z Fun, Pleasant Crossing is. :D

Oh dang... so now I have to wait another year and a half for what is virtually the only new family attraction in NWA in the past decade. At least Springfield has all those great family attractions now and they'll just keep on coming. I love action and Springfield is where action is to be found. :D

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Springfield Business Journal had an article about the progress of this development. I hope the link still works: Indian Ridge

If you don't like all of the traffic on Route 76 because of Silver Dollar City, Table Rock Lake, and Branson, just wait until this only makes it worse. Much more needs to be done about traffic in this area.

Archived