Springfield-Branson National Airport

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is most of this growth being driven by tourism?

Thats a good question. With this airport being the only major airport to get to Branson I would think it has a good impact on it especially when the landing and Hilton are complete. For the most part it is just from the population and business that the area has. Springfield is a fast growing metro and is also considered a tourist area as well, athough not compared to Branson. Those numbers that the airport keeps gaining is from the new flights to more and more cities and low fares. Many from this area go to Kansas City or Tulsa International to fly.

• 3 weeks later...

This month Springfield breaks ground on the new airport Springfield Branson National Airport. It is set to open in about 3 years.

Is the airport moving?

I wasn't aware of this, I just thought they were changing the name to Springfield Branson National Airport.

Is the airport moving?

I wasn't aware of this, I just thought they were changing the name to Springfield Branson National Airport.

Not really moving from the site just across the runway where there is more space because the existing facility is said to be too close to the runway. The new facility will be much larger and will be able to expand to 60 gates as well as the runway being exspanded to 10,000 feet.

Not really moving from the site just across the runway where there is more space because the existing facility is said to be too close to the runway. The new facility will be much larger and will be able to expand to 60 gates as well as the runway being exspanded to 10,000 feet.

I doubt Springfield will be expanding to 60 gates anytime soon, may'be 10 or 15.

Yes, but I love the way Springfield always plans ahead instead of getting caught with their pants down, so to say, like NWA.

Yeah, It is a very good idea to think ahead instead of having to relocate again and again and spend soo much wasted time and money when they can do it right from the start. I can't wait for this to be done, they are suppose to be using a Frank Loyd Wright Design.

I doubt Springfield will be expanding to 60 gates anytime soon, may'be 10 or 15.

Like I said they will be able to exspand to 60 gates when needed. I believe they will open only 12 gates or so then add more as the airport grows.

Then they must be planning 50 or 75 years into the future. :D

Regardless if it takes that long, it just goes to show that they really want to focus on the future. Also, from the press releasses I've read they are predicting to be around 60 gates in the next 30-40 years, but of course nobody really knows how long it would take.

With the official groundbreaking on Wednesday the Springfield-Branson National Airport is expected to be completed by April of 2009. This new terminal is expected to lure many, many more airlines and flights out of Springfield.

To watch a full news story about the new Midfield Terminal and see renderings, you can visit the KY3

• 3 weeks later...

^^

That looks nice. I still don't understand the financial or political goings on at this airport, but from what I gather Federal funding has been cut off and the state is actually paying for all these expansions on it's own.

The federal funding isn't cut off completely. The reason it has been so hard for the airport to get the funding is because in 04' the airport was moved up to a small hub which then declares it big enough and finnancialy stable to get the funds for itself. Then the airport had a cow and talked with the FAA and worked out a deal to get partial federal funding along with state funds and higher parking tickets, lugage........ for the next three years. This way it doesn't have to be another project for the citizens to pay.

I actually like this terminal, it looks very posh.

I like it as well. I wish that I could have found a render for the inside because it is extremely nice. Airport officials are saying that it will be the nicest terminal in Missouri once completed. Personally I couldn't believe a comment like that, but after I saw the renders I was blown away. They weren't lying when they said that "it's a caddilac with all the extra's."

BTW: those renders above are the renders for the Terminal. I will try to find some better renders.

• 11 months later...

$5 million dollars in Federal funds have been released for the new Midfield Terminal which is expected to be completed in fall 2008. I think this was money already allotted for the project but is now officially in our hands.

The new terminal will have 8 passenger loading gates accommodating 16 aircraft at a time.

$5 million dollars in Federal funds have been released for the new Midfield Terminal which is expected to be completed in fall 2008. I think this was money already allotted for the project but is now officially in our hands.

The new terminal will have 8 passenger loading gates accommodating 16 aircraft at a time.

I think its an additional 5 Million Dollars on top of what they have already recieved.

I'm really glad that they are ahead of schedule and saying it will be open for business by the end of 2008! It seems like some others are the same way like the I-44/65 Interchange being done by this winter, exciting!

Ya know, I really don't know where they would be. I had some on the first page of this topic a while ago but I guess the URL was deleted or something? Maybe Pyaxi could find some? He's pretty good at finding things on the web.

Apparently there no way to find the renderings but this one... really tiny picture of inside the Airport building.

terminalsmall.jpg

midfield2.jpg

I know that I found a blueprints on .pdf from somewhere... found it about last year ago. I'll look for it... hmmm.

Apparently there no way to find the renderings but this one... really tiny picture of inside the Airport building.

terminalsmall.jpg

midfield2.jpg

I know that I found a blueprints on .pdf from somewhere... found it about last year ago. I'll look for it... hmmm.

Archived