Advertising firms follow Nissan to Nashville

smeagolsfree

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is very good news. These are very high paying jobs, and could lead to even more. Maybe Nashville could develop into a leading advertising city.

I would think geographically Nashville would provide a great regional base to serve a good portion of the Southeast. So maybe this could start a trend.

Fantastic news! I didn't even think of major advertising as being apart of the "Nissan effect". It's the gift that keeps on giving. Hey Hankster, maybe we could get another 200 ad firms together to build a big tower. :wacko:

I have a picture of a flatiron style building on my "East Tennessee Picure of the Day" thread on the East Tennessee forum. Nashvillian commented on the thread that Nashville has a bunch of good places for a flatiron style building. I commented back that the intersection of Broadway and West End is just begging for a 20 to 30 story flatiron style monster with the West End Summit complex at its side. I think that's the perfect place for all the ad firms to congregate. They could put up Times Square type neon ads up the sides. Ummmmm. Maybe, over time the whole area could be transformed into a Times Square type area. Wouldn't that be awesome, baby! :shades:

I would think geographically Nashville would provide a great regional base to serve a good portion of the Southeast. So maybe this could start a trend.

One of the firms mentioned Nashville serving as its Midwest base as well, effectively bypassing Chicago due to its centrality and cheaper office lease rates. Nashville, soon to be one of the big 3 U.S. cities? If I was an emoticon user I would insert one with sheepish look here.

One of the firms mentioned Nashville serving as its Midwest base as well, effectively bypassing Chicago due to its centrality and cheaper office lease rates. Nashville, soon to be one of the big 3 U.S. cities? If I was an emoticon user I would insert one with sheepish look here.

I can see that. Indianapolis, St. Louis, Columbus, Cincinatti, etc all would seem to be well within the easy access of Nashville geographically.

I have a picture of a flatiron style building on my "East Tennessee Picure of the Day" thread on the East Tennessee forum. Nashvillian commented on the thread that Nashville has a bunch of good places for a flatiron style building. I commented back that the intersection of Broadway and West End is just begging for a 20 to 30 story flatiron style monster with the West End Summit complex at its side. I think that's the perfect place for all the ad firms to congregate. They could put up Times Square type neon ads up the sides. Ummmmm. Maybe, over time the whole area could be transformed into a Times Square type area. Wouldn't that be awesome, baby! :shades:

That's a great idea. I can see a much smaller Times Square-ish type of corner there at Broadway and Division. If they would rejuvenate the car lots with a classy style and have a mix of development...your flatiron idea, Summit, some retail. I love the idea of new blood mixed with local flavor. It indeed would be awesome. Man, the possibilities. :yahoo:

Just give me one of those flatirons down in Chatt. and we will be alright up here, LOL!!!! I agree, that intersectiong is prime for a towre of that type.

Archived