Murder near "Five Star"

ChiefJoJo

The incident occurred around 2 a.m. Saturday near the Five star restaurant on Hargett Street. Investigators arrested 28-year-old James Fant shortly afterward and charged him with murder.

link

First murder I can recall in DT Raleigh in a long time. This is only a few blocks from my place. It does sound like an isolated incident though. I suppose it could happen anywhere, in any club where ppl are drinking, etc.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The incident occurred around 2 a.m. Saturday near the Five star restaurant on Hargett Street. Investigators arrested 28-year-old James Fant shortly afterward and charged him with murder.

link

First murder I can recall in DT Raleigh in a long time. This is only a few blocks from my place. It does sound like an isolated incident though. I suppose it could happen anywhere, in any club where ppl are drinking, etc.

Sheesh! Scary stuff.

I was out walking down GlenSouth last night after the bars emptied everyone out and it was total friggin chaos. There were women catfighting, ambulances, cops everywhere.

It was Pure Awesome.

link

Can we file a civil suit against the guy for assaulting the reputation of downtown Raleigh? This one will probably go unnoticed (hopefully) as it seems like two specific people arguing and not random. But if this keeps happening... :angry:

I knew Deon, the victim as did a few of my friends. He will be missed. Earlier in the night, Deon had informed the suspect that he was talking to his girlfriend. The suspect didn't seem to care and instigated a physical confrontation. He was removed from the club. Deon, was permitted to stay. When the club let out, the suspect was waiting infront. He shot deon 5 to 7 times point blank in the chest in front of the resturant.

Archived