Target Tower instead of the Nicollet?

sage100

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was out last night and overheard someone talking about the poor sales volume from The Nicollet and if the developers default Target Corp would pick up the parcel and develop a tower in the same location--in lieu of the Brooklyn Park parcel.

Anything to keep Target downtown. We can't afford to lose them.

Wow, that's an interesting hypothesis. I wonder what's the probability of that happening. At this point, I'd say pretty low, since I thought Target and Brooklyn Park were really definite and moving forward in their plans. I wonder if a tower on that corner would support the needs of what Target is trying to meet with an entire campus in Brookyn Park. The Nicollet's location is ripe for Target though.

Wow, that's an interesting hypothesis. I wonder what's the probability of that happening. At this point, I'd say pretty low, since I thought Target and Brooklyn Park were really definite and moving forward in their plans. I wonder if a tower on that corner would support the needs of what Target is trying to meet with an entire campus in Brookyn Park. The Nicollet's location is ripe for Target though.

I had heard the developers partnered with another larger developer in order to get it built...so I don't think that's happening...though I think it makes complete sense.

• 3 weeks later...

I had heard the developers partnered with another larger developer in order to get it built...so I don't think that's happening...though I think it makes complete sense.

Target is currently going to be leasing more space downtown, but with theri huge suburban expansion, they will move the "everyday" jobs to the suburbs and keep their Executive positions, sales, marketing, and purchasing all downtown. Once their campus is complete, they will most likely move out of all their leased space downtown.

This info comes from a friend who works IT at target HQ.

• 2 weeks later...

Target is currently going to be leasing more space downtown, but with theri huge suburban expansion, they will move the "everyday" jobs to the suburbs and keep their Executive positions, sales, marketing, and purchasing all downtown. Once their campus is complete, they will most likely move out of all their leased space downtown.

This info comes from a friend who works IT at target HQ.

I think the potential new tower should have a giant bar code on top. And then turn the current HQ ligthed top into a scanner beam which revolves and scans the bar code all night.

I think the potential new tower should have a giant bar code on top. And then turn the current HQ ligthed top into a scanner beam which revolves and scans the bar code all night.

The Nicollet is still very much alive. Today I previewed the AutoCAD drawings of the latest revisions. The base of the building has been re-designed to accommodate a slightly different parking plan and retail configuration, and the addition of a multi-level structure on the 11th floor rooftop plaza. These changes increase the building's height slightly, to 658 feet.

• 3 months later...

Good news, from your inside track! And as a total clueless observer on the streets, I am noticing more advertisement for The Nicollet. Full steam ahead, it appears.

FYI to everyone--Hines mainly does office space within the scope of its business--if someone ran the numbers you would see they are about to score a fantastic office space.

Archived