Ok, enough already on Capitol Ave...

MadVlad

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't there been a plan for about 8 years now to build townhouses along Capitol Ave between the Bushnell and Hudson St? When in the hell are they going to do something with these ugly ass lots?!?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't there been a plan for about 8 years now to build townhouses along Capitol Ave between the Bushnell and Hudson St? When in the hell are they going to do something with these ugly ass lots?!?

Agreed. The ones to the east, between Main and Hudson, look pretty decent. I thought I saw that one of the units at 17 Capital sold for $150, 000 recently. Turning from Main onto Capital it would be on your immediate left, just past that new Corner Bistro restaurant. I've never been inside one though so its pure speculation on my part. Decent little greenery/park on the backside too, if memory serves. Even better, in my opinion, are the ones on the opposite side of the street. Great views of the Hartford skyline from the back end of those units. I catch that view walking back to my car every day and I've definitely been intruiged...several units in that area have come up for sale recently. Businesses seem to be coming back to that part of Main St. too. Dunkin Donuts already open, Subway and an upscale coffee place (Cappucino something...) in the process and that new place in the Linden building looks pretty decent. All in all a decent part of the city as far as I can tell. The one thing that is kinda holding me back is the lack of a good gym in the area but that seems to be something that the city as a whole suffers from. To live in the city but have to commute out to the 'burbs for staples like a gym or a decent grocery store are big negatives in my book.

I thought they lived in one of the top floors of the Linden, but I could be wrong. If Townhouses were built all the way along Capitol Ave, those businesses along Main Street that no one wants to rent would be rented, they'd have an immediate neighborhood within a 3 minute walking distance. Somethimes I think this city just has it's head too far up it's ass to ever do anything right...

I thought they lived in one of the top floors of the Linden, but I could be wrong. If Townhouses were built all the way along Capitol Ave, those businesses along Main Street that no one wants to rent would be rented, they'd have an immediate neighborhood within a 3 minute walking distance. Somethimes I think this city just has it's head too far up it's ass to ever do anything right...

Now that you mention, you may be right. Either way I applaud them for taking the initiative to be a part of Hartford's future.

The townhouse idea is great - if you're going to email Mayor Perez, talk about that. While the Space Needle concept is a cool idea, it's probably the last thing on the mayor's mind.

• 5 months later...

This project needs to get going. Those parking lots near the Bushnell are prime real estate and provide beautiful views of the skyline. There is a really nice brownstone for sale at the corner of Capitol and Hudson for like $700,000.

Exactly, what the hell are they waiting for? Also, is there any way to build 10 story residential buildings along this strip and still have rows of brownstones at the street level? I'm assuming that could be done, and I think it could work nicely...

Brownstones would be great for this area. It is a disgrace that between the Linden, the Capital Avenue Brownstones and the Bushnell we have all these open parking lots. It would do wonders for the area to make it denser by filling in this area

Brownstones would be great for this area. It is a disgrace that between the Linden, the Capital Avenue Brownstones and the Bushnell we have all these open parking lots. It would do wonders for the area to make it denser by filling in this area

Or at least get some some other type of upscale housing, if their not going to do brownstones. Anything beats an empty lot.

Archived