Pictures of War Eagle

While I was out on a little trip today checking out a few areas I stopped by here. I'm sure most people think about the big War Eagle Arts & Crafts Festival that brings out thousands if not tens of thousands. Not sure how old the festival is but it's been around for quite a while. The Mill isn't the original, it's burned numerous times but it is based on the original. The bridge is still the original of course. I believe the old famstead is still the original as well but I'm not positive on that. Anyway time for the pics, I'll start off with the old bridge.

133133135_00155f5370_o.jpg

133147736_b7779f0c1a_o.jpg

133147733_f91d51f6b2_o.jpg

133147737_c2128bb2a7_o.jpg

133147738_00965c94c1_o.jpg

133147740_5c62a5b758_o.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pictures, that's one my favorite places in NWA and probably one that people don't recognize often enough. I think it's also very cool it's still operating and you can purchase fresh-ground flour or cornmeal there.

You can still drive over that bridge, I think. I did a couple of years ago in my big ole Land Rover and it scared me a bit.

Another interesting bridge is the old wooden covered bridge in Burns Park in North Little Rock.

Thanks for the pics Rod! I go to War Eagle everytime there's a crafts fair, but there's more to War Eagle than crafts fairs. Besides it being a working water-powered grist mill with many grains and flour for sale, there's also the Bean Palace Restaurant where you can get some great old-fashioned meals. The Bean Palace Restaurant is open 7 days a week, March through January 1st, from 8:30am-4:00pm. They also have a great website where many of their products and souvenirs can be purchased. www.wareaglemill.com

Great pictures, that's one my favorite places in NWA and probably one that people don't recognize often enough. I think it's also very cool it's still operating and you can purchase fresh-ground flour or cornmeal there.

You can still drive over that bridge, I think. I did a couple of years ago in my big ole Land Rover and it scared me a bit.

Another interesting bridge is the old wooden covered bridge in Burns Park in North Little Rock.

Yeah it's still open to drive over. You can sometimes find some of their products even in grocery stores in NWA. At least I've seen then in a few Fayetteville grocery stores. I'd assume you can find them in other NWA cities as well. I went to another wood covered bridge on that trip. But I think I'll use those pics in the NWA Pic O' the Day since I didn't take a whole lot there.

Archived