New Hotel for Downtown Greenville

g-man430

This is an email I just received from Windsor/Aughtry, the developer of the mixed-use project going next to city hall:

-We are still tweaking the plans and will have several planning sessions with City Council before releasing any plans to the public. I believe this will take several months to accomplish. Which parts of the project are you most interested in?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

^ Good news. :thumbsup: I'm trying to figure the height of this development. Say there are 20 rooms per floor (as this is a somewhat small size footprint), that would be 7 floors of rooms, a floor for lobby and a couple of floors for parking/retail if this plan stays as originally proposed. So 10 floors maybe? Anybody have a guess or any additional info on the development?

^ Good news. :thumbsup: I'm trying to figure the height of this development. Say there are 20 rooms per floor (as this is a somewhat small size footprint), that would be 7 floors of rooms, a floor for lobby and a couple of floors for parking/retail if this plan stays as originally proposed. So 10 floors maybe? Anybody have a guess or any additional info on the development?

Would the parking floors be underground, though? And just to play devil's advocate, could the first floor still have hotel rooms but also have street-level retail around the front and sides?

Do you guys think city hall is the tenant that might occupy a lot of the space?

This is great news! Courtyard is a good chain, probably comparable to Hampton Inn (at least the usual Hampton Inns...maybe not the one at Riverplace). This Courtyard will likely fill a need for a good hotel for business travelers that is a step up from Holiday Inn Express but not on the level of Hyatt or Westin. :thumbsup:

I was right. It will only be six stories tall. Read the first sentence in this updated article if you don't believe me: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...EWS01/702210428 Thoughts and opinions? I know it won't be tall, but it will be ten times better than what is there currently. Height is not a factor in this situation, especially if those towers gsupstate is talking about come to fruition. :)

Interesting article. The six stories is disappointing, but you can't be dissapointed about a development of this quality. More height could really give this area some good midrise density, but I'll take it nontheless. I just hope the design is not all brick! I was a little confused though, the article almost makes it sound as if the office portion will be a different building, though we have heard it will be part of it. I did like White's comments about ongoing interest in various parts of DT! Keep em comin' mayor :thumbsup:

Archived