New Hotel for Downtown Greenville

g-man430

Ya'll, I drove down mainstreet on my way home from work, from the new stadium(ballpark) all the way to E North. It is really amazing how many projects are going on right now, just on main st. There are several projects, and street improvements going on with the properties near the stadium, then of course all the riverplace stuff, the condos, the stuff on north main, etc. Then if you add all the stuff being planned: clemson center, BOFA improvements, Piazza bergamo, new hotel near city hall, new stuff where young and GQ fashions are, Pinnacle on main, etc...... :D

It really is amazing and you often forget about the small things until you see them. Like the stores that are under renovation all up and down Main Street... It's really an exciting time for downtown! (still :) )

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the same story and it sounds very promising! The reporter (Nigel Roberson) said it is a "high end" hotel development that the City is very excited about. The small blurb from Gary Player was also extremely encouraging. He said that his golf tournament in Greenville will not only be better than ever, but he has plans to make it an international attraction as well. :yahoo:

Well considering the quality of hotels located downtown, I would be inclined to think of something near the same level, if not better. I believe there is definitely a market for such rooms in downtown Greenville, especially across from the Peace Center and on Main Street next to City Hall.

I agree, Skyliner. That is a prime location and whatever goes there should fit the area.

Although Sheraton and Wyndham are not considered "high-end" (I would reserve that term for places like Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons), I will still go with those as my picks for what this hotel will be. Perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised and it will be something on the scale of JW Marriott or Renaissance.

I believe it will include mixed use space as well, so there will be more than just hotel rooms. I would like to see something with at least 300 rooms, but that is wishful thinking - actually that is forward thinking as the need will grow to that level before long.

I noticed that the suitcase bronze has something in the pouch. Did you happen to check and see what it was? The past couple of days, I've seen UrbanPlanet.org flyers in one of the slots. :thumbsup:

Those U.P. Flyers were there and at Port City Java during Artishphere.

Archived