NHL Playoffs - We need OLN!

Dan

The NHL Playoffs have begun and some of you may have noticed that about 1 game per day is televised on NBC. The other televised games appear on OLN, an FX networks station which became valuable this year with its coverage of the NHL. (Why couldn't they just run the games on FX, which is available everywhere?!)

Outdoor Life Network is not available with basic cable in many areas, and was dropped by Dish Network in 12/05 "because their price increased by 60%." Well, I am not happy about this and we all should get on the phone and demand OLN's coverage of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The clock is ticking! Call your service provider and tell them you want the NHL Playoffs on OLN.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That speaks volumes about the owner. From the day he bought the franchise it was a race to see where he could move the team, it had nothing to do with the Hartford market, our ability to support a team, our proximity to NYC and Boston, or the fans....

I have directv. they have it. The channel will be changing in the summer I hear, to a real sports network now.

Apparently your protest here on UrbanPlanet worked as Dish has added it back as of today. Channel 151. LOL

I was just on the phone to call in my weekly complaint and an automated announcement starts off with...

"Great news! The Outdoor Life Network is back. Playoff hockey central can be found... [blah blah blah]"

Pretty impressive! Our cable system dropped Golf a few years back and my father is a serious golfer, so he called to complain a few times and they always responded with "we're currently in negotiations with the network." It was almost a year before it was back on, and of course it was time for yet another rate increase. I got the same "we're negotiating" line from Dish when I asked about OLN and it's back already.

So let's toast a 151 and lime to playoff hockey back on Dish Network. I'm a happy dish guy again, and unless the law is amended I'll never subscribe to Cable TV again.

Archived