Shreveport, Jackson and Little Rock

bigboyz05

Shreveport, Jackson and Little Rock skylines  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• Shreveport
    • Little Rock
    • Jackson

If you were comparing Louisiana to Arkansas cities it would be this: New Orleans> Baton Rouge> Shreveport> Little Rock> Metarie, LA> Lafayette, LA> Fort Smith, AK> Kenner, LA> Lake Charles, LA> . Kinda of a unfair comparison seeing how Louisiana has a state population twice the amount as Arkansas.

Fort Smith's not in Alaska.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know the exact numbers, but Baton Rouge is one of the busiest and largest inland ports in the country, and activity at the port of B.R. has been greatly increasing over the last few years.

From what I've read I think it was between 4 and 9.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add more of my thoughts when I have time, but just as an emperical comparison between Little Rock, Shreveport, Jackson (and I'll throw Des Moines in here as its been discussed), below is "High Rise" data from Emporis.com:

Des Moines 40 high rises, tallest at 45 floors

Little Rock 31 high rises, tallest at 40 floors

Shreveport 21 high rises, tallest at 25 floors

Jackson 24 high rises, tallest at 22 floors

Its quite interesting how different these relatively similar sized markets are to one another. I should note that as I recall, over 60,000 people work in dowtown Des Moines on a daily basis, compared to 40,000 or so in Little Rock. That goes to show the completely different social psyche between the people who settled in Iowa - and the north in genera (which are primarily from a northern eurpoean descent - and I could go on with example after example about how different this really is), compared to your basic southerner who'd prefer a more suburban lifestyle. Gross generalization I know, but it is very real.

Archived