Favorite Southern Coastal Cities

TBurban

Favorite Southern Coastal Cities  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Whats yours?

• Virginia Beach//Norfolk
    • Outer Banks (Kitty Hawk, Corolla, Nagshead, etc...)
    • Charleston
    • Myrtle Beach
    • Savannah
    • Daytona Beach
    • W. Palm Beach
    • Miami Beach
    • Mobile
    • Biloxi//Gulfport
    • Galveston
    • Padre Island//Corpus Christi

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do like Savannah. Its a great city, but Charleston is in a whole league unto itself. It pretty much wins every "city likeing" category for me except for skyline (being that it doesn't have one). It has history, architecture, Southern charm, urban to the max, nightlife, tourists, locals, beaches, etc. Whats not to love? I am almost certain there is some homestate bias here.

That said- I am suprised that Jacksonville was not listed. Jacksonville is a cool town... Atlantic Beach/Neptune Beach/Jacksonville Beach etc.

Also Brunswick, GA.... all sorts of cool cities down there. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't vote... because Pensacola isn't on the list... I would go with savannah or charleston ... but Pensacola is just as historic and charming as both of those cities... and it's one up on them with regard to the beaches.. we happen to have the whitest and most beautiful anywhere. (i'm including pensacola/ft walton/destin)

Archived