Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerseyman4

Smoking Ban's effect on businesses

11 posts in this topic

I went out last night at the Golden Lion Bar in Milltown and I was SOOOOOOOO suprised how dead it was. Hardly anybody was there on a saturday night! While the smoking ban is still new right now, i hope this does not continue to deter people from coming out! I found this link interesting of how many restaurants nationwide have closed due to smoking bans.

I went out last night at the Golden Lion Bar in Milltown and I was SOOOOOOOO suprised how dead it was. Hardly anybody was there on a saturday night! While the smoking ban is still new right now, i hope this does not continue to deter people from coming out! I found this link interesting of how many restaurants nationwide have closed due to smoking bans.

I went out last night in New Brunswick and had a great time. It looked like a typical Sat. night at all the Easton & George bars and the sidewalks were crowded with smokers.

I went out last night in New Brunswick and had a great time. It looked like a typical Sat. night at all the Easton & George bars and the sidewalks were crowded with smokers.

So did I, where were you at if you dont mind me being nosy?

I was at Old Man Raffertys on Albany and then made a brief visit over to the Scarlet Pub on Easton. I believe you, the bars werent affected in New Brunswick but in Milltown over at the Lion, it was BAD!

I'm curious how this ban turns out as the city of Columbia is contemplating the same thing. I think the absence of smoke would make me MORE likely to go out.

A lesbian bar in Providence cited our smoking ban as part of the reason they closed. The owner didn't like forcing her clientele outside to smoke. The neighborhood is not well travelled, and while nothing had happened to anyone, she didn't like that the women who frequented her bar were forced outside opening themselves to threats and insults. She had a downturn in business after the ban.

So did I, where were you at if you dont mind me being nosy?

I was at Old Man Raffertys on Albany and then made a brief visit over to the Scarlet Pub on Easton. I believe you, the bars werent affected in New Brunswick but in Milltown over at the Lion, it was BAD!

We were at JJs and Clydz.

If EVERY bar and restaurant is banned from having indoor smoking, then how it will it really hurt them? Are people less likely to go out at all if they can't smoke inside?

If EVERY bar and restaurant is banned from having indoor smoking, then how it will it really hurt them? Are people less likely to go out at all if they can't smoke inside?

Certain places in Massachusetts have indoor smoking rooms I've noticed, instead of forcing people outside.