Is Nissan causing a spike in real estate prices?

smeagolsfree

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are building a new subdivision here in La Vergne called Brookside. It features large homes on 1 acre lots. I looked at one and they guy told me that Nissan transfers are buying the up because the price (~$385k) is cheap compared to California, and you get land! So if it's spilling over into La Vergne, you know it's got to be having an effect on Williamson County.

I also think these people will end up wanting to move if things don't change here. That subdividsion is zoned for the oldest, and probably dumpiest school in Rutherford County, La Vergne primary. That school has more students in Trailers than in the building! They are planning a new school, but who knows when it will be built!?

with the influx of high[er]-end homes like that, the character of the community will change quite a bit. Zillow dot com indicates avg home price in LaVergne around 125K. Carson, CA: 506K; Torrance, CA: 654K. Yeah, Nissan execs will live like kings (not that they don't already).

I've never heard of that website you quoted, so I had a little fun playing with it, and I believe it is way off on most of it's numbers. I had heard somewhere that the median home prices in La Vergne were in the $150's, and this says $126k? It says my home has dropped in value over the past year, yet it's worth $15k more today than when I bought it last year? And my neighbors house, which is almost exactly the same, is worth $90k more than mine?

I moved on to my family's house in an Atlanta suburb. They live on 5 acres which is HUGE for that area, and they had estimates that the land alone was worth half a million, and houses around them sell for nearly $1mil. This site says their home is worth $225k?

I know this is a little off topic because yes, the Nissan execs will have no problem living like kings anywhere in this area, but I just wonder where they get these numbers from?

Archived