Pics of downtown Memphis

mandrws1

I was in the picture taking mood, so this is part one. I'm still working all of the kinks out of my new digital camera, so yall let me know if you guys would like to see the rest of my shot :blush:

From Mud Island

59080138.IMG_0083.jpg

59080140.IMG_0076.jpg

59080141.IMG_0075.jpg

59080142.IMG_0074.jpg

The roundabout with the Pyramid in the background

59080135.IMG_0086.jpg

St. Jude's campus from the roundabout

59080136.IMG_0085.jpg

new tower under construction at St. Jude

59084078.IMG_0040.jpg

ALSAC headquarters

59084079.IMG_0041.jpg

59084081.IMG_0043.jpg

skyline shot from the top of a parking garage

59084080.IMG_0042.jpg

to be continued........

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent shots of Memphis!

I was so impressed by that last shot, I put it in my photoshop and doctored it a bit. Decreased the lighting on the sky and brought out the colors of the buildings a bit. Cropped and editied.

Here is the finished product.....

59132333.amemphisshot.jpg

Very nice pictures. I bet a panoramic from up on that garage would be awesome. Get me the shots, and I would love to put it together for you mandrws1!!!

Excellent shots of Memphis!

I was so impressed by that last shot, I put it in my photoshop and doctored it a bit. Decreased the lighting on the sky and brought out the colors of the buildings a bit. Cropped and editied.

Here is the finished product.....

59132333.amemphisshot.jpg

Very nice pictures. I bet a panoramic from up on that garage would be awesome. Get me the shots, and I would love to put it together for you mandrws1!!!

I'll definitely do that. Thats cool the way you fixed that picture up :shades:

I haven't heard of any. It seems like it would still be a great place to advertise via a logo. Does the building even have any major tenants currently?

I know government agencies & law firms occupy the building. There is one pretty big company thats there too that does background checks. I can't remember the name of it. I think that it has a high occupancy rate though.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard of any. It seems like it would still be a great place to advertise via a logo. Does the building even have any major tenants currently?

They shoulda left the sign up and had UrbanPlanet.org relocate its corporate offices to the UP building. :P

59084080.IMG_0042.jpg

to be continued........

That housing project in the middle, with the lowrises and the high rise--is that part of the redeveloped, mixed-income Lauderdale Courts?

They shoulda left the sign up and had UrbanPlanet.org relocate its corporate offices to the UP building. :P

That housing project in the middle, with the lowrises and the high rise--is that part of the redeveloped, mixed-income Lauderdale Courts?

yes it is, i drove past it the other day and it seems really nice even though it is right up against I-40....they have done a lot of work on that complex and it looks awesome now

Its called Uptown Square now. I was thinking about moving there about a year ago until I sold my house, but the rents are extremely high. I don't see how its mixed use. It could be that I just think too much because I would always tell my girlfriend that we could by two houses in our current neighborhood for the price of renting one three bedroom in Uptown Square.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in Memphis again this week and I noticed that downtown looks better in person. Nice to see a lot of construction going on.

Yeah, you don't get the real positive forward-moving feel and vibe of Memphis until you visit downtown in person. Knoxville, TN is similar in that regard too IMO.

Glad you liked downtown from your visit.

Archived