Moving to GR, looking for places to meet people.

I will be moving to Grand Rapids at the end of the summer into a Condo at Cherry and College and I was wondering what restaurants, bars, and other fun places are within walking distance from our new home. Additionally, what things would you recommend a new resident to see? My fianc

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering what restaurants, bars, and other fun places are within walking distance from our new home.

Well I spose that depends on how ambitious you are with your walking. :D

Seriously you're less than a mile from fulton and Ionia where you'll find all kinds of bars and restaurants. In the winter it's probably a $5.00 cab ride to the center of downtown. You're a mile and a half from eastown where you can find middle eastern food, the best breakfast in town, a bar with good live music, and another bar where you can see a guy in an abercrombie shirt next to a guy w/ a 36" mohawk.

You're going to be pretty central to everything. And as far as what to see, just walk down the neighboring streets and check out the historic homes, I could do that all day!

Check out www.grnow.com

i have not ventured to much down to kzoo, but there are 2 pianos a drummer and sometimes guitar player, playing live music both whatever they want and requests. did I mention they serve Oberon SUMMER IS HERE :yahoo:

If hes from Kzoo, he has to know of the goodness of Oberon :P

If hes from Kzoo, he has to know of the goodness of Oberon :P

Nothing better than watching some local band with a cold Oberon on a warm summer night in the beer garden at Bell's Eclectic Bar in the Zoo!

Well... not much is better than that.

I will be moving to Grand Rapids at the end of the summer into a Condo at Cherry and College and I was wondering what restaurants, bars, and other fun places are within walking distance from our new home. Additionally, what things would you recommend a new resident to see? My fianc

You will be right in the center of many good things: Heritage Hill, East Hills, Eastown, Midtown and Downtown are all within a mile radius. A few community web sites you should check out:

www.easthillscouncil.org

www.eastowngr.com

www.eastown.org

www.wealthytheatre.org

www.uica.org

www.wealthy-street.com

www.heritagehillweb.org

www.grnow.com

www.g-rad.com

www.rapidgrowthmedia.com

www.thedaac.org

Nearby bar scenes:

downtown/arena area - Black Rose, Drink Ultra Lounge, McFadden's

westside, stockbridge area (bridge street) - Monte's, O'Toole's, Stockbridge Pub

northeast, Michigan Avenue - Birch Lodge, Dukes, Logans Alley

Easttown - Billy's, Mulligans

Events and such:

Division Avenue has a growing arts scene, younger crowd, fairly regular happenings, open studios etc.

The UICA and the Wealthy Theatre hosts events, movies, etc.

If you have specific areas of interests I may be able to guide you to other resources.

Welcome to GRap

ive been to drink b4

I was really ,uh, not not wasted :)... it was kind of fun actually, they play alot of 80's music :yahoo: (thats me dancing to 80's music)

I talked to the owner... he was the one who ownd opus and was sent here from NYC to start up the sierra room

Archived