Artisphere

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the Martin Luther King Jr. portrait by Brian Olsen yesterday afternoon, as well as a couple on Saturday afternoon. The MLK one was incredible, because he created most of it upside down, then flipped it over while most people were still guessing who in the world it was. The crowd was incredible, covering the entire ground space in Falls Park from the stage up to Main Street Totally awesome! :shades:

How many UP members outlasted the hour-long rain shower and stayed for the Spanish Harlem Orchestra at the Peace Center Amphitheatre? I will say that many people made their way over and danced, or just watched the group perform. It was awesome! Anyone living elsewhere who denies Greenville's great diversity would have been shut up in a heartbeat. :shades:

Those shots all look like they were taken on Saturday, but I'm pretty sure Sunday's crowd was considerably heavier. :shades:

Yea - they were all taken on Saturday during what was arguably the peak crowd on Saturday.

Sunday's peak crowd appeared (to me at least) to be roughly twice that of Saturday, oddly enough.

As was mentioned, Saturday's crowd was not nearly as heavy as Sunday's. I was unable to be there on Friday, so I don't know how heavy it was then, but there were a few showers that evening. Anyway, these were taken in the early afternoon on Saturday. I didn't shoot every part of the festival, but hopefully these will be worthy additions. Enjoy! :shades:

Artisphere01.jpg

Artisphere02.jpg

Artisphere03.jpg

Artisphere04.jpg

Artisphere05.jpg

Artisphere06.jpg

Nice photos, Skyliner! I'm sure I saw you there somewhere and didn't even realize it. :lol:

The crowd was nearly double this on Sunday and my wife is averse to huge crowds, so needless to say, we didn't stick around very long at all. I didn't make it over on Friday at all, so I'm not sure what the crowd was like either.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived