Artisphere

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to go yet again without spending too much money. :yahoo:

Today was an absolutely beautiful day. My wife and kids and I met up with Mrs. vwsam and daughter and took it all in today. I plan to head back again tomorrow just to see how the sidewalk art is coming before taking in the ballgame.

Here are a few photos from today (perhaps some are redundant...my apologies if that is the case).

467878702_58a21264f8.jpg

467878720_4df46e85bb.jpg

467878748_d5fd746482.jpg

467878758_90e5acff9f.jpg

467893663_444467682d.jpg

467893667_f3e37ca0c6.jpg

467893679_a1ce577f83.jpg

467893693_38b82c3f82.jpg

467893717_d423a91921.jpg

467895937_8bd16bb619.jpg

467895949_27727f3994.jpg

Thanks for sharing all of the great photos guys, I'm in Savanna working on a Belk store remodel

until Wensday, then going directly to Summerville S.C. to do the in-wall on a CVS .

But i can always count on you guys to give me a little glimpse of whats gong on at home.

Thanks

Ron

100_428.jpg

Just unbelievable!!! :yahoo:

Wow have they made some progress since yesterday afternoon (no thanks to my daughter borrowing and dropping basketballs in on them)! These are great! I'm going to hate it when the first rain comes along and washes them away.

Thanks for sharing all of the great photos guys, I'm in Savanna working on a Belk store remodel

until Wensday, then going directly to Summerville S.C. to do the in-wall on a CVS .

But i can always count on you guys to give me a little glimpse of whats gong on at home.

Thanks

Ron

Glad I can help provide that glimpse some, mitp! I've not been around much lately myself, but it is great to be home again.

Made it down to Artisphere today, and I agree with gsupstate--the beautiful weather made a great event even greater. I spent the vast majority of my time in the RiverPlace/Falls Park area; I could have stayed there all day. :) Photos will be forthcoming.

Did anybody see the big stuffed dog on the leash? At least I thought it was stuffed, LOL.

Made it down to Artisphere today, and I agree with gsupstate--the beautiful weather made a great event even greater. I spent the vast majority of my time in the RiverPlace/Falls Park area; I could have stayed there all day. :) Photos will be forthcoming.

Glad you made it down krazeeboi! It's very easy to go into that area of town and spend all day, believe me. The weather was amazing all weekend...certainly better than some of the storms we've had for events such as this (Art in the Park in 2005, for instance) in the past. :lol: We look forward to seeing the view of Artisphere through your lens! :thumbsup:

Did anybody see the big stuffed dog on the leash? At least I thought it was stuffed, LOL.

No, I didn't see a big stuffed dog, but I saw one that would have nearly fit on a hot dog bun. :D

^LOL. The stuffed dog I saw was on the sidewalk a couple of paces down from the Greenville News building, behind one of the vendor's tents. It startled me initially, until I saw it was stuffed. If it wasn't, it was trained exceptionally well to sit still, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
Artisphere just recieved an award for being one of the "Top Twenty Events in the Southeast" for the month of April, according to the Southeast Tourism Society. This year's festival was a record breaker in many different ways. 60,000 people were estimated to have visited the festival during the 3 days, which surpassed last year's 45,000. Art sales were much higher. Programming and activities were higher quality. Here is a small quote from at the bottom of the article that sums up the success:
The 100 invited visual artists averaged sales of $4,500, up from $3,600 in 2006, and the artists surveyed gave higher scores in areas than last year in hospitality, logistics and overall experience.
:yahoo:

• 3 months later...

Thought these chalk drawings created in May, at Artisphere, were just a temp thing and would wash away. Snapped this shot yesterday, Sept. 2nd. Drawings are still on the sidewalk, in full color! I hope these are permanent (sure seem to be) and I hope a couple of new are added each year along the riverwalk.

DSC03264.jpg

Archived