Nissan Will Help DT

ATLBrain

With Nissan's move to Middle Tennessee, a wave of marketing/advertising firms will come too. Most of them are setting up shop in DT. One of them, Chiat/Day, may take up a large part of Cummins Station. Plus, there's the promise of many additional creative professionals looking for lofts in the gulch/midtown/DT areas.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stori...ml?surround=lfn

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will agree with this statement. As momentum builds and cranes appear a certain synergy will appear as well. People (those who are not like us) will take notice. Also you may see our retail landscape change some as an influx of West Coast people make their nest in the MidState. Is Nordstrom too far off? Crate and Barrel and maybe Trader Joes - all of which would be welcomed downtown. I think downtown has room for 1 good department store (something with no other area locations) supported by a sprinkling of other retail. If we continue to create a critical mass then we may begin to see some a more international creep as well. Just a thought but I'd love to see Nashville become even a small player on the global level.

I will agree with this statement. As momentum builds and cranes appear a certain synergy will appear as well. People (those who are not like us) will take notice. Also you may see our retail landscape change some as an influx of West Coast people make their nest in the MidState. Is Nordstrom too far off? Crate and Barrel and maybe Trader Joes - all of which would be welcomed downtown. I think downtown has room for 1 good department store (something with no other area locations) supported by a sprinkling of other retail. If we continue to create a critical mass then we may begin to see some a more international creep as well. Just a thought but I'd love to see Nashville become even a small player on the global level.

That's a great point about the retail landscape changing. I never really thought about that but I suppose those Californians will have different taste in things. It would be great to see a few upscale retailer go into DT instead of Cool Springs.

Maybe we can give them some culture shock. They need to go to Wal-Mart in Ashland City. Its bubba hell on Saturdays. :lol:

I think Nashville is already there globally. Dell, Nissan, Louisiana Pacific, Music Industry, Education....yeah, I think it is already there. I would love to see it become an even BIGGER player.

I noticed something interesting the other day. I was looking through a world atlas while waiting in line at the grocery store and there was Nashville's dot, along with Atlanta and Miami as the only southern cities represented! Thats cool because everytime I look at stuff like that, I always look for Memphis, Nashville, Houston, etc. and this is the first time I've seen Nashville. I would have to agree that Nashville's presence in the global arena is gaining steam. :thumbsup:

I noticed something interesting the other day. I was looking through a world atlas while waiting in line at the grocery store and there was Nashville's dot, along with Atlanta and Miami as the only southern cities represented! Thats cool because everytime I look at stuff like that, I always look for Memphis, Nashville, Houston, etc. and this is the first time I've seen Nashville. I would have to agree that Nashville's presence in the global arena is gaining steam. :thumbsup:

I think that is based partially though on how easy it would be to fit the name of that city on the map. If it were all about importance than Yellowknife and Billings would never be on those maps, but they usually are, just because they are out in the middle of nowhere. Not that Nashville is in the middle of nowhere, but you know what i'm saying.

Archived