Spring DT!

Veloise

monroe-cen1.jpg

Planters on Monroe Center. I am told that these daffodils will morph into tulips soon.

pansy-snap1.jpg

But in the interim, we'll have peachy snapdragons!

wcityclub.jpg

Women's City Club, flowering tree

bike.jpg

I sure do like the featured display artifact. A reaction to gas prices?

[edited while figuring out PhotoBucket]

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful! The trees in front of the Art Museum are on fire right now too. I got some photos yesterday, but it was a bit cloudy.

But did you get a shot of the dandelions in bloom along the median of the East Beltline? Right around Hall St the median was a complete carpet of yellow. It looked really impressive until you realized it was all dandelions.

We now can all look forward to an impressive display of fuzzies flying with the first good wind gust a week from now :rofl:

Are there any streets lined with mature flowering trees in Grand Rapids. They are terrible for cars, but phenomenal in appetence.

When I was living in Philadelphia I noticed several of them. It was truly magical to walk down them as the petals floated to the street like a pink snow fall. The aroma would permanently secure that moment into a persons mind, and today anytime I notice that smell I am brought back east.

Are there any streets lined with mature flowering trees in Grand Rapids. They are terrible for cars, but phenomenal in appetence.

When I was living in Philadelphia I noticed several of them. It was truly magical to walk down them as the petals floated to the street like a pink snow fall. The aroma would permanently secure that moment into a persons mind, and today anytime I notice that smell I am brought back east.

Check out some of the side streets in EGR. Also, Laraway Lake LN / Thornapple River Dr are decent.

Yep, I got some shots of Monroe out front of Plaza Towers on Saturday. (Nothing I needed at the City auction, so I rode around shooting pics.)

Will toss those up tomorrow.

monroe-cen4.jpg

From the other end of Monroe Center. (Yes, that's my ride.)

529ftn.jpg535ftn.jpg

I like these two houses. On Fountain Street near College.

546ftn1.jpg

Just across the street. (The guy in the photo, another one riding home, and I had a lengthy fun discussion about two-wheelers.)

gram-2.jpg

D3's red tree at GRAM again.

mich-monroe.jpg

Michigan & Monroe (no parcel hauling today)

Yo, telco! Howzabout making your utility pedestals a little more attractive or interesting??

plazat-2.jpg

Out front of Plaza Towers (Monroe at Fulton, for the K'zoo immigrants)

Those daffodils were begging to be photographed!

These were taken last week on a walkabout. Testing some DOF shots with a new lens.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Also, on this walkabout, I was continuing a project I started some time ago. I just uploaded it to my website as desktop wallpaper. I'm curious to hear any thoughts you may have on this.

Click here for desktop wallpaper

vetspark2.jpg

The veterans' park. These cherry (help me out, landscapers!) trees smell as good as they look.

govcent.jpg

Nifty angles on these various features. This is at the entrance to the Govt Center parking ramp on Monroe.

fsc-park.jpg

The little park across from Fountain Street Church. Grape hyacinths look --and smell!-- like little bunches of grapes.

map-1.jpg

Continuing up Fountain.

[Note to graffitti people: were you born in a barn?!? The Planning department worked long and hard on those attractive and useful wayfinding signs. I myself donated several diopters to the cause while proofreading the details. And then you bleeps come along with your bleeping stickers and deface them. Do I have to ride around with a bottle of Goo Gone in my baskets? Who raised you, anyway? These are not bleeping blank canvases for your bleeping "art"!!!]

Thank you! I am going to take a run up there tomorrow because I have to get some more measurements of the condo. I will make sure to bring a camera!

Ooohh, new home pics. Those can be very helpful. (When I move, I take good measurements, draw a floor plan in Home 3D, haul the furniture in and set it right where it's supposed to go.)

Michael, continue up Monroe towards Leonard. I didn't go out shooting that area last night like I meant to, but will this evening.

lettinga.jpg

A Davenport building

GRAM.jpg

GRAM's white tree. (My camera must add a lot of contrast. On the street, the tree was lost against the grey stone building.)

mulch-us-3.jpgmulch-us-2.jpg

Heading north on Monroe...can we get some mulch on these flower beds, please? (Topsoil and water retention, erosion control, the bulbs do better, it looks nicer when the blooms are gone. Just take the chipper truck up there and unload; you gotta dump it anyway, may as well re-use this resource.)

water-1.jpg

Nice.

water-2.jpg

Closer look at the flower bed by the water department. (Hard to enjoy when zipping past at 25 mph.)

old-water-1.jpg

Here's the old water department, ready to move in!

dvpl-1.jpg

Twilight at DeVos

Archived