Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soverbey

Is DeSoto County the fastest growing county in Mississippi?

5 posts in this topic

Yes, it is. It is also the 38th fastest growing county in the country.

Pardon my ignorance here, but is DeSoto County along the coast, in the Memphis metro, or the Jackson metro? I have no idea so I hope someone can clarify.

If it's in the Jackson metro, then that's cool because there's a DeSoto Parish in metro Shreveport which is beginning to grow fast, although it's not the fastest-growing in the state.

And 38th fastest-growing in the country is definitely nothing to dismiss; that's awesome.

Pardon my ignorance here, but is DeSoto County along the coast, in the Memphis metro, or the Jackson metro? I have no idea so I hope someone can clarify.

If it's in the Jackson metro, then that's cool because there's a DeSoto Parish in metro Shreveport which is beginning to grow fast, although it's not the fastest-growing in the state.

And 38th fastest-growing in the country is definitely nothing to dismiss; that's awesome.

DeSoto County is near Memphis. Suburban development is providing the impetus for growth. I hope they do their planning well.

SBC Metro Guy... DeSoto County is the county in Mississippi directly below Shelby County, TN. I-69 will run through it.