Mitt Romney coming to town

I am very excited that Mitt Romney the Republican Governor of Mass. (yes, that is correct) is going to be in town to speak to the GR Chamber on May 12. He is very articulate and seems to have that Clinton like ability to talk and relate to people. It would not surprise me if he is the next Republican nominee for president.

What other speakers have you heard that you feel have that ability to truly capture their audience?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very excited that Mitt Romney the Republican Governor of Mass. (yes, that is correct) is going to be in town to speak to the GR Chamber on May 12. He is very articulate and seems to have that Clinton like ability to talk and relate to people. It would not surprise me if he is the next Republican nominee for president.

What other speakers have you heard that you feel have that ability to truly capture their audience?

I'm going to move this to the Coffee House Yankee Fan. :thumbsup:

I think that he would be a great choice for the next President. After all he is a republican but has successfully worked with Ted Kennedy and John Kerry. Just think of a president that both sides like... now that would be something to see.

I also like Rudy, but I think that some of his past and his reputation for being a difficult person to work with will prevent him from getting the nomination. I think that he has the skills, and I think that either he or Condi would make a great nominee for VP.

You mentioned Clinton, and I think he may be one of the best. I may not agree with many of his polices or his personal discretions, but he has the amazing ability to walk up to a podium without notes and give the perfect speech. Condi is decent also.

Overall it seems like great orators are a thing of the past for the most part. I think a great reality show would be along the lines of American Idol, except with people giving speeches. A show similar to the Apprentice that tries to find the best politician would be interesting too.

Condi is decent also.

Overall it seems like great orators are a thing of the past for the most part. I think a great reality show would be along the lines of American Idol, except with people giving speeches. A show similar to the Apprentice that tries to find the best politician would be interesting too.

Condi is amazing.

Conservative, minority, woman. Could be:

Best...candidate....ever.

I have to admit I don't think I've ever heard Mitt Romney speak. Condi is great, but I don't think she'd ever make it past the primaries. She and Hillary Clinton just do not show well on camera.

I think you're right dbrok. I'm having a hard time thinking of some truly great present-day orators.

Condi is amazing.

Conservative, minority, woman. Could be:

Best...candidate....ever.

You've got to be kidding me.

She's a liar, right up there with the rest of them.

I respect her achievements. But that's where my

respect for her begins and ends.

And this is a polite response.

I was going to accusse allbiz of being sarcastic(?) Another, "You've got to be kidding me." is in order...

Ah, perhaps I missed the tone - sarcasm is difficult to 'read' - emoticons are

in order to guide the serious minded! :(

I hope someone throws a pie at him and boos him out of the state. Everything I have read or heard about him equates him to a knuckle dragging troglodyte dillweed.

If Romney is the 2008 GOP canidate, just like Gore, he won't even win his home state, but unlike Gore it wont even be close.

Now, I'm not even going to go into the policies of Mitt Romney, but I must address something that just seems ridiculous to me. I see Mitt being mentioned in the same sentence as Bill Clinton as far as charisma is concerned. Now, Mitt has about as much charisma as DeVos or Hillary Clinton; lets get real. You can like the guys policies and such, but let's not ascribe characteristics to this guy that he doesn't have (or have much of). As politicians go, he's about as stuffy as they come, IMO. Either that, or he'll tell you anything you want to hear (i.e. see Hillary Clinton, again).

You've got to be kidding me.

She's a liar, right up there with the rest of them.

I respect her achievements. But that's where my

respect for her begins and ends.

And this is a polite response.

Gee, sorry for being a conservative.

I hope I'm still welcome here.

• 2 weeks later...

Lmichigan, I have heard Mitt before and I am not sure where you are coming from with your post. However, I will take it into consideration when I am at the lunch tomorrow. But I really cannot say that I agree with your perspective.

BTW: I listened to Bill Clinton in an interview on CNN comparing Mitt to himself in the way that I compared them (great speaker, engaging, etc.). Just something to think about.

• 6 months later...

Looks like he is starting to get some exposure. A nice little article on Mitt that talks about him being a Mormon. I cannot wait to hear how those who tell us to accept everyone for who they are and spend their days fighting for the rights of all start attacking him because of his religion. That will be the pinnacle of hypocrisy and I will laugh out loud when it happens:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...00.html?cnn=yes

Archived