Crane City

GRDadof3

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

This one's a KEEPER! Hold on to this one and bring it back out in 50 years. I love that shot. I think the steel hanging from the crane makes the picture. :)

Thanks Michi! I also thought it was cool how the sun was shining through the haze and reflecting off the Marriott crane. Forgot this one. The Marriott in the background with the medical complex in the foreground.

244116049_5bb604217d_b.jpg

• 11 months later...

OK, driving around downtown today on the highways made me notice again how many cranes there are in operation right now (or at least today there were a ton), small and large. Especially as you are coming down the hill on I-196 from Lake Michigan Drive into downtown.

- Crane at River House

- Crane on Health Hill (Lemmen Holton)

- Crane over at the 6th Street renovation by Israels on the NW side

- Crane at Founders Brewery

- Crane at the Wege Theater (ballet addition)

- Crane at St Mary's (Hauenstein Science Center)

- Crane at the new parking ramp on Commerce

- And I think I saw a crane at the Catholic Diocese sight as well

Now if we can just get them all to hang on a little longer while VAI II crane goes up, that'd be grand. :)

Me and my big mouth. <_<

It appears that they're taking down the Lemmen Holton crane today:

1149155951_d6e13c34b8_b.jpg

I also forgot to add to that list the cranes at the Children's Hospital, the Women's Health Center, and the smattering of cranes working on the road construction projects downtown. Like I said, it looks like GR is getting ready for a SuperBowl or something!

Me and my big mouth. <_<

It appears that they're taking down the Lemmen Holton crane today:

1149155951_d6e13c34b8_b.jpg

I also forgot to add to that list the cranes at the Children's Hospital, the Women's Health Center, and the smattering of cranes working on the road construction projects downtown. Like I said, it looks like GR is getting ready for a SuperBowl or something!

• 6 months later...
There's no room for a crawler or rough terrain crane that would typically be used for the concrete work at the top of the parking structure. So we get a tower crane a little earlier than normal. Grand-Davo is using their 550-ton beast which makes a good photo-op for the kids.

There's no room for a crawler or rough terrain crane that would typically be used for the concrete work at the top of the parking structure. So we get a tower crane a little earlier than normal. Grand-Davo is using their 550-ton beast which makes a good photo-op for the kids.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived