Can Edwards Beat Bush?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Can Edwards Beat Bush?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My impression is that edwards is far more conservative than Kerry. What is edward's position on gay marriage? This is a very controversial issue in an election year. I could see Kerry reversing the bush push for a constitutional amendment against it. I don't think edwards would so that.

I really don't care if they cop out and say it's a state's rights issue (it is). But Kerry has been flip flopping on this for years, and now after saying it is a state issue, why is he now telling the Mass. Legislature what he thinks they should do? If you're so scared of the topic, just say it is a state issue and leave it at that.

Here's the editorial from innewsweekly (New England's largest gay paper) endorsing Edwards.

News Editorial

John Edwards for President in Democratic primaries

TOPIC: Four New England states (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Vermont) are among the 10 holding primaries on

Guest donaltopablo

I just like the new conservative rumor that the Clintons will attempt to tank Kerry's bid for president and have Bush reelected so it will be easier for them to win the democratic nomination in 2008. A democratic president will make it very difficult to run and win in 2008.

I'm not saying I believe any of this, but I do think it's funny they are attempting to spread this rumor. I heard it all over talk radio, couldn't help but laugh.

I just like the new conservative rumor that the Clintons will attempt to tank Kerry's bid for president and have Bush reelected so it will be easier for them to win the democratic nomination in 2008. A democratic president will make it very difficult to run and win in 2008.

I'm not saying I believe any of this, but I do think it's funny they are attempting to spread this rumor. I heard it all over talk radio, couldn't help but laugh.

I don't really understand what purpose this rumour serves. Are liberals supposed to vote for Bush this year, so they can get Hill in '08? Hillary isn't really that popular, even among liberals, that people will vote for Bush on the off chance that she could get the nomination in '08.

I think the silent majority of Americans would be elated to never hear the words Bush or Clinton (and probably Gore) ever again.

While that concerns you, you have to remember that many americans favor a ban on Gay marriage. I think it's just a simple ploy to the majority of Americans to get votes honestly.

I think marriage is something between two people that love each other passionately and deeply - beit hetero or homo. There are a lot of hetero people getting married that don't love each other, marrying to get citizenship, marrying for money, etc... and while those people are looked down upon, they are free to do it legally if they want to. I think the importance is the strength of the bond and the reasons behind it rather than it's participant's physical components.

I'll answer your question, monsoon... A single Brittney Spears attracts more attention and gives hope to millions of single guys who like to day-dream :)

Brittney for President!!! She can kick both Bush's and Kerry's ass...

(Please don't take the last statements seriously.)

Guest donaltopablo

Ahh, let Britney make a fool of herself.

I don't think this has anything to do with protecting marriage at all... those lines are just because saying that sounds better than: I'm a homophobe and I want to discriminate. Which is what they really mean :)

Archived