50 Monroe

Khorasaurus

Hey everyone,

This is my first post, so bear with me.

I saw a few pages back that Macatawa Bank is planning an office tower at 85 Ottawa (the old Custer building) and that Huntington Bank might expand their existing building into the lot next door up Louis. Does anyone know what the status of those projects is?

Also, is the BOB still hoping to build something in the city lot south of Huntington Bank? I know they had thought about a small theatre there a few years ago.

Thanks everyone.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supposedly there was going to be an announcement a while back, until Project X hit town like a 800 lb. monkey. I hope they announce something soon. :dontknow:

I saw a few pages back that Macatawa Bank is planning an office tower at 85 Ottawa (the old Custer building) and that Huntington Bank might expand their existing building into the lot next door up Louis. Does anyone know what the status of those projects is?

Good question Khorosaurus. Originally, Greg Gilmore was going to put an option on the lot. Then the new owners of 50 Monroe wanted to skip the option phase and buy the lot outright. Regis still shows city ownership, so they haven't closed on it yet. It would be interesting to hear the latest plans on both projects.

Good question Khorosaurus. Originally, Greg Gilmore was going to put an option on the lot. Then the new owners wanted to skip the option phase and buy the lot outright. Regis still shows city ownership, so they haven't closed on it yet. It would be interesting to hear the latest plans on both projects.

Is Gilmore the owner of the BOB? As in Gilmore Collection restaurants?

BTW Khorosaurus, I edited your subtitle because there are many surface lots still downtown, if you look around. Lyon/Ottawa, Market/Fulton, Ionia/Fulton (2 lots), Fifth Third lot, Ellis lot by the courthouse, between Kendall College and the Art Museum, behind Tre Cugini, behind Kinkos, on Grandville by Bistro Bella Vita, behind the Arena, along the riverfront on Monroe NW...... I wish it were one of the last :(

That's fine. I kinda meant the "CenterCity" area between Michigan, Fulton, Division, and the river, which only has a few glaring holes in the streetscape - 50 Monroe, the old GRATA transit center Ellis Lot and the lot that was going to be the Lyon/Ottawa Tower.

Althought now that you mention it, there are several that I didn't think of and obviously Heartside and North Monroe have surface lots all over the place.

Archived