Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rwarky

What is your favorite North Carolina metropolitan region?

What is your favorite North Carolina metropolitan region?   61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite North Carolina metropolitan region?

• Asheville
    • The Triangle
    • Charlotte
    • The Triad
    • Wilmington
    • other (please specify in your post)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

What is your favorite North Carolina metropolitan region in terms of: activities, schools, job opportunties, overall quality of life, demographics, recreation accessibility, etc? Do you have more than one favorite?

Fayetteville Metro area because of Indians in Robeson Co to the military in Hoke Co I love my city & Pinehurst right around the corner.

The Triad is on the cusp of major things. I love it. The only thing missing is some kind of major league team.

The Triangle with out question is my Favorite metro ,and i have lived in Charlotte and the Triad which are both nice area's :shades:

The Triangle with out question is my Favorite metro ,and i have lived in Charlotte and the Triad which are both nice area's :shades:

WORD!!! I have lived on the east coast and west coast (eastwestrob) and nothing compares to the Triangle area

This isnt hard at all. WILMINGTON bar none. Great, historic city with an awesome, vibrant downtown ON THE WATER, beautiful neighborhoods, a very good university, Tall pine trees, live oaks, spanish moss, movie industry, movie stars around all the time, Wrightsville Beach...blue-green beach water (the only one ive ever seen in NC that has water like this), Figure 8 Island, Bald Head Island nearby.

Living and working in this city is like being on vacation 24-7.

Only downside: TRAFFIC

I've havent spent enought time in the Charlotte Metro and have rarely been to the Triangle so Ima have to go with the Triad simple as I havent had the opportunity to explore the metros of the state. As for the Triad, it has basically all the amenities of the other big metros just on a bit smaller scale. I love how besides Winston and G-boro all the other communities work togather and are all connected as one. From Burlington and Mebane all the way to Lewisville or Lexington, the area works togather. The economy isn't as great as other metros but it's starting to grow and were begaining to play catch up. The Triad is really underated and with that it's only going to help us be discovered and grow into a more well formed metro. I really love this region and its a great play to call home.

This isnt hard at all. WILMINGTON bar none. Great, historic city with an awesome, vibrant downtown ON THE WATER, beautiful neighborhoods, a very good university, Tall pine trees, live oaks, spanish moss, movie industry, movie stars around all the time, Wrightsville Beach...blue-green beach water (the only one ive ever seen in NC that has water like this), Figure 8 Island, Bald Head Island nearby.

Living and working in this city is like being on vacation 24-7.

Only downside: TRAFFIC

Traffic is bad but...try Raleigh's. I love Wrightsville Beach

I love the triangle, beacause it's home. It feels so strange though hearing how much newcomers love the place. It's just home to me I guess.

I like them all!! Admittedly, I haven't been to the Triangle or Charlotte areas in a while, but the Triad just feels a bit more "real" to me. It feels more like home.

But I am happy for all of our metros. :)

For me, It would be a toss-up between the Charlotte area, and the Wilmington area. Every time I visit Charlotte, there is always something new to discover, never a boring place to be. I love Wilmington for the simple fact it is just a cool town and best of all it is coastal. :D

I choose the Triad. i guess im bias becasue I live there. But I like it because the region has big city amenities without all the big city problems. Its between the Triangle and Charlotte so its a short drive to either region. The Triad might not score well for singles but its a great region to raise a family and has great educational systems on the public and college level.

I choose the Triad. i guess im bias becasue I live there. But I like it because the region has big city amenities without all the big city problems. Its between the Triangle and Charlotte so its a short drive to either region. The Triad might not score well for singles but its a great region to raise a family and has great educational systems on the public and college level.

Well said. Either Pleasant Garden or Jamestown would suit me best for suburban living while it is not even close to the traffic pains like Cary or Pineville.

I am worried about the "singles scene" comment though :(