Grand Rapids Nude Dancing Ban....For? or Against?

Grand Rapids Nude Dancing Ban....For? or Against?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Are you For or Against the Nude Dancing Ban in Grand Rapids?

• Against
    • For

So you are saying:

1) only married guys go to these establishments? what about single guys that choose to go?

2) only marrried or attached girls are the ones doing the dancing?

Again these places are voluntary to visit and also to work there. I have never seen or heard anyone that was "forced" to do either.

It isn't up to you or I to decided the virtues of others, is it? If someone chooses to work or visit there, than it is up to them to deal with the consequences of their actions.

I'm not deciding your virtues. We both live in a very free country. I'm only explaining how I explain these things to my daughters. We can disagree. You are right, however, about freedom and consequences. Freedom and self-control are often discussed together as well.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not deciding your virtues. We both live in a very free country. I'm only explaining how I explain these things to my daughters. We can disagree. You are right, however, about freedom and consequences. Freedom and self-control are often discussed together as well.

Civitas, I am not trying to pick a fight with you or anyone here. I am glad to hear that you have "talks" with your family. I think in today's society with everything being so fast paced and busy, a lot of family discussions are missed or overlooked.

A strip club is not a temptation for my wife or daughters.

I do talk to my daughters about such places, but the conversation isn't as much about the place as the people who go there. A strong marriage is based on love, commitment, sexual fidelity, honesty, self-control, respect, etc. Does a man who pays to watch naked girls have those virtues? How many wives and girlfriends of strip club patrons know that their man is paying for visual sex? Would they be happy if they knew?

In the 313 I was an avid listener of Dr Joy Browne. (CKLW every day! Haven't found her here yet.) She routinely took calls about strip clubs, and she'd often make the point that for many young women, this was a high-paying temp job. (Better than getting paper cuts at Kinko's. Maybe.) It's probably not the place to go to meet the man of your dreams, and she mentioned that there are threats of drugs, alcohol, and , um, getting further into the adult trades.

Many years ago I took my young nieces to the Union Station food court in St Louis. The kids could read. "What's Hooters?" So after we finished our food, we went upstairs to find out. My older niece (age 6 at the time) took one look and figured it out. One of the waitresses said she was saving up for law school.

(yes, I know that Hooter's is not a strip club)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived