Raleigh needs an Amusement Park -- Pepsi Park

What Raleigh needs is an Amusement Park. I'm thinking of Pepsi Park. Pepsi started in NC. Atlanta is having the World of Coca Cola built nextdoor to the Georgia Aquarium. What about about Pepsi Park. And have its colors as Red, White and Blue? We don't have any amusement park that is close, within an hour of Raleigh. It would be a wonderfully beautiful park with manicured gardens and show the history of Pepsi Cola. It would even have a replica of the pharmacy used in New Bern which started Pepsi Cola.

And right there in the middle of the park, why not have the Pepsi Rapids? A water rafting ride but instead of water, why not have Pepsi?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's certainly a progressive idea. This area is ripe for such a venture. The demographics certainly fit the criteria. I think something right smack dab in the triangle would work better though. This place is a hotbed for family entertainment such as that. It would also pull a large bulk of blue collar families (perfect demographic) from eastern NC.

What Raleigh needs is an Amusement Park. I'm thinking of Pepsi Park. Pepsi started in NC. Atlanta is having the World of Coca Cola built nextdoor to the Georgia Aquarium. What about about Pepsi Park. And have its colors as Red, White and Blue? We don't have any amusement park that is close, within an hour of Raleigh. It would be a wonderfully beautiful park with manicured gardens and show the history of Pepsi Cola. It would even have a replica of the pharmacy used in New Bern which started Pepsi Cola.

And right there in the middle of the park, why not have the Pepsi Rapids? A water rafting ride but instead of water, why not have Pepsi?

That would be one sticky ride

Bees :D

I think 40/95 is begging for something like this. Not only would it grab the Triangle, Triad, and Wilmington locals, but it is smack where the yankees would want to stay overnight on their trips to/from FLA.

With a theme park in Charlotte (Carowinds) and a major park planned for Myrtle Beach (Hard Rock Amusement park), I don't see anything coming to this area. That doesn't cout Kings Dominion, or Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

I would love to have a hometown park, but I don't think one will be built any time soon.

I was thinking of an amusmant park somwhere along I-40/85 in either eastern Alamance County, or western Orange County. Right in the middle of the Triangle/Triad area (closer to the Triangle). You can't tell me the population between both metro's along with south VA locally couldn't support a park. I'm not convinced parks in other states would hinder a theme park here if the park was a big enough attraction. If anything we could draw from the other theme parks. The newness would also attribute to the sucess of the park.

It appears that Pepsi has been in NY since the 1930s. Beyond being invented in New Bern, its a New York drink now. Maybe Cheerwine, the nectar of the Tarheels, will build a park in NC.

Yeah, Pepsi was pretty much out of NC while it was still called "Brad's Drink."

I've always had this fantasy that Pepsi would move back to NC. Would be cool if they did, but I doubt it'll happen.

As have I. I've even thought about what the building would look like on the Raleigh skyline. It would be tall and round (think Peachtree Tower in Atlanta) and have "pepsi blue" colored glass. The top of the building would be sloped and the Pepsi logo would be at the top.

We could have a Pepsi museum to compliment the Coke museum in Atlanta.

This presents interesting options. It would also really put Raleigh on the map as far as museums go.

I like the Peachtree Tower idea too.

And we probably do need a waterpark of some sort.

I could potentially see an amusement park out on I-40 in Johnston county someplace. It proximity to I-95 and all of the open land would make sense. I'm sure there are some old tobacco farms out there that would love to sell of some land. Personally, I could care less about an amusement park.

I think having an amusment/water park in East Johnston county,(land is cheaper;more available), would be best. Serving eastern NC, the Triangle, and anyone coming off of I-95 north & south. Also, buy that time the southern end of I-540 would be built and it would serve to get people who are coming from I-40 west to east. :D

But you just know if someone wanted to build a water park you'd hear on WRAL: "Up next, developers want to build a water park in Raleigh but with Raleigh's water woes is it a good idea? Details to come."

or this:

"Developers are wanting to make a splash near Raleigh, but neighbors think the plan is all washed up. Details coming after the break."

They've gotten so cornball with their teasers that I am starting a log of the horrible puns.

Archived