Greer, SC updates

GSP Tiger

The HWY 101 and Oneal Church Rd. project mentioned in the article above has greater coverage in todays Greer Citizen.

The project is a Randolph Group Project. They borught us communities such as Verdmont, Pendleton West, Viola, Hampton @ Pinkney, and Carillon.

It will be 595 homes on 186 Acres. It is designed like a mill village with alley ways to access homes, garages will be on the back sides of homes and drive ways will be just two paved tire strips.

Townhomes will make up just over 20% of the homes.

There will be no cul de sacs in the nieghborhood.

There will also be a commercial component, nothing big box, just nieghboor commercial type uses.

Density is 3.23 units per acre. 24 Acres will be used for open park spaces and 19 Acres for amenities.

The project is known as O'neal Village.

This sounds like a great and quality project. I tell ya, Greer just amazes me :wacko:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The City of Greer is hosting a meeting tomorrow night at 6:30 to collect public input on the design of a new public park. The park is part of the new municipal complex being planned in downtown Greer. Here is the announcement and the Greenville News Article.

6:30 pm, Thursday, June 15

Horace McKown Center

204 Cannon Street

Greer, SC

Do Greerians (?) think of themselves as being from "Greer," or "greater Greenville" ?

You've stumped me... Greer has a pretty strong identity for a suburb, but I would think that if someone asked where you were from you'd identify with the primary city. I bet Btoy can address this with great knowledge.

As Greenville's major suburb, though, I am confident that people in Greer realize that they are firmly a part of the Greenville metro.

I know, but Geer has always had more of a sense of identity than most suburbs, maybe because its its two counties, but I don't know.

Copper River Grills will open on the site of the Old Quincy's and the two houses next to it. This is just in front of John Street Station. Copper River Grills is Jimmy Roger's new restaurant, he has a Seneca and Easley location already, other locations are in the planning. Jimmy ROger's is the guy who started Fatz Cafe. He also ownes Dew South Commercial, the company who developed the Plantation on Pelham.

Lifelong Greerites condiers themselves from Greer. New Transpalants, Greater Greenville. That is how I see it.

Copper River Grills will open on the site of the Old Quincy's and the two houses next to it. This is just in front of John Street Station. Copper River Grills is Jimmy Roger's new restaurant, he has a Seneca and Easley location already, other locations are in the planning. Jimmy ROger's is the guy who started Fatz Cafe. He also ownes Dew South Commercial, the company who developed the Plantation on Pelham.

Lifelong Greerites condiers themselves from Greer. New Transpalants, Greater Greenville. That is how I see it.

Where is the old Quincy's? On Wade Hampton?

On the Greer thing, that's the way I see it. Newbies consider themselves Greenville. When I lived in Birmingham, their big burb was Hoover. Long time Hooverites would say they were from Hoover, transplants always said Birmingham.

Where is the old Quincy's? On Wade Hampton?

Yes, it is on the northern side of East Wade Hampton Boulevard between SC-14 and SC-357 on the eastern side of Hardee's.

Where specifically are Copper River Grill's locations in Easley and Seneca? One of my friends wants to try it out.

• 2 weeks later...

The Peacock was not the only project Craig Golden & Davis debuted yesterday. They also debuted the new Greer Municiple Building at last nights City Council Meeting. I'll post images when I can get them.

Also at last nights meeting, annexations were finalized that should block Riedville and help provide CPW acess to the new schools.

The Peacock was not the only project Craig Golden & Davis debuted yesterday. They also debuted the new Greer Municiple Building at last nights City Council Meeting. I'll post images when I can get them.

Also at last nights meeting, annexations were finalized that should block Riedville and help provide CPW acess to the new schools.

The article can be read here, but no renderings have been provided. I am looking forward to seeing this project. They have a great track record of producing uniquely attractive structural designs. :shades:

Archived