Greer, SC updates

GSP Tiger

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greer's 1st annual Octoberfest is Saturday, Oct 7. beginning at noon. Great time to come check Greer Station out!

I am on the planning commitee for the event. Also will be voluterring for about 6 hours that day. This is our first one, so I do not know how it is going to go, but maybe afterwards anyone who attends could provide any type of positive and negative comments and I will share them with the commitee so that we can make it even better.

BTW, I think we are still looking for volunteers.

• 2 weeks later...

The Heral-Journal has an interesting article on Greer's growth from the angle of annexation- probably as a result of recent events. Its somewhat decieving though because it describes Greer as larger than Greenville or Spartanburg, which it is in land area, but it doesn't address population.

Here is the link to that article.

The HJ also has an article that recounts the recent legal events and summarizes the situation and what is at stake nicely.

Here's the link to the other article.

• 2 months later...

Maybe they've been up and I'm just blind, but I noticed billboards yesterday for downtown Greer when I was headed to the airport on 85. They read: "Hip & Historic". Really great advertising. Downtown Greer is coming along very nicely. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The billboard is fairly new. I recently had a great meal at Bistro 107. It's hard to believe how many varied choices there now are for dining in the "Hip & Historic" downtown area.

Spartanburg partnered with Union to build a park in Greer? That makes about as much sense as a football bat.

It goes together just as perfectly as lamb and tunafish. Also, why is this in the new Greenville developments thread if it's not going to be built in Greenville? :lol:

Also, why is this in the new Greenville developments thread if it's not going to be built in Greenville? :lol:

This is in the "Greer, SC updates"......the article was titled, "New Business Park in Greer". Where should it have been posted, Myrtle Beach? :P

The info on Greer's Industrial/business park originally was posted under "Greenville developments" and has been moved here, to the more appropriate "Greer Update." thread == hence, g-mans comment. Understandably, when it comes to development in Greer, the original poster may not know which county the project is in.

I asked someone in the know to explain the Spartanburg/Union partnership that has troubled some of you. The short answer is the multi-county designation merely requires the counties must be adjacent to one another, the actual location of the park has nothing to do with it (as long as it is in one of the two counties). Pretty much, the host county is the major contributing county to the project and the secondary county sits back and receives a small % of the tax revenue. Therefore most, if not all, multi-county partnerships involve a larger more developing county (like Spartanburg) partnering with a less developed neighbor.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten this very simplified explanation right :unsure: -- at least I think I'm close!

Archived