Greer, SC updates

GSP Tiger

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The info on Greer's Industrial/business park originally was posted under "Greenville developments" and has been moved here, to the more appropriate "Greer Update." thread == hence, g-mans comment. Understandably, when it comes to development in Greer, the original poster may not know which county the project is in.

I asked someone in the know to explain the Spartanburg/Union partnership that has troubled some of you. The short answer is the multi-county designation merely requires the counties must be adjacent to one another, the actual location of the park has nothing to do with it (as long as it is in one of the two counties). Pretty much, the host county is the major contributing county to the project and the secondary county sits back and receives a small % of the tax revenue. Therefore most, if not all, multi-county partnerships involve a larger more developing county (like Spartanburg) partnering with a less developed neighbor.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten this very simplified explanation right :unsure: -- at least I think I'm close!

Aha! I knew it had to make more sense. Thanks for clearing that up. Thats a good practice for our more successful counties to have.

This is the site of the new fun park, hopefully the main entrance will be on the

Pky. And not on Poplar dr. because this road is in bad shape. 987.jpg

There is no way that they will have access on Verne Smith. Two reasons, first off all the site being purchased has no frontage on the Verne Smith Parkway. Also I have seen the site plan, it is in the most recent Greer Citizen, access is on Poplar. Also, The Verne Smith Parkway is limited access, no curb cuts will be given to anybody even people who have frontage on verne smith, al curb cuts will be on the cross streets, not the Verne Smith Parkway.

BTW, the property goes all the way to the corner of Poplar and Harvey.

There is no way that they will have access on Verne Smith. Two reasons, first off all the site being purchased has no frontage on the Verne Smith Parkway. Also I have seen the site plan, it is in the most recent Greer Citizen, access is on Poplar. Also, The Verne Smith Parkway is limited access, no curb cuts will be given to anybody even people who have frontage on verne smith, al curb cuts will be on the cross streets, not the Verne Smith Parkway.

BTW, the property goes all the way to the corner of Poplar and Harvey.

Thanks btoy, yes I knew the property went to the corner I just put my square

in the wrong place. I did not know that Verne Smith was limited access. I hope that

they fix up Poplar Dr. I go down that way a lot to the supply house and the road is

pretty bad. I did not see the site plane in the paper,but was told about the location

by my friends at the Building and Codes Department.

BTW I live in D.T Greer Close to the old G.H. Football field.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone on GreenvilleOnline.com posted a few photos of renderings of new buildings coming to Greer. They look great! :thumbsup:

Click Here.

Nice! :thumbsup: Where will these be located? Is Greer not going after the old GHS hospital building once they move to the new location? Weren't they orginally talking about remodeling the GHS building and moving city offices there? I haven't kept up.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Both the new City Hall and the new Police headquarters are under construction in Greer. What happened to the plan to take over the old hospital building once the hospital moves?

That plan was scrapped a while back, it just didn't make sense, it was to much space, it wasn't downtown and upfit was still going to be expensive and the building was going to cost alot more to operate and maintain.

That plan was scrapped a while back, it just didn't make sense, it was to much space, it wasn't downtown and upfit was still going to be expensive and the building was going to cost alot more to operate and maintain.

Thanks.

I'm glad they went with the new structures. They look nice and will add a good deal of impact to downtown Greer. :thumbsup:

Brad,

do you know about the "big" shopping center on 101 N. I posted about a couple of weeks ago? I can't seem to find any info about it. Thanks

It's not a shopping center. It's O'Neal Village, which is a subdivsion. There was a thing about it in the News in the last three or four days.

It's not a shopping center. It's O'Neal Village, which is a subdivsion. There was a thing about it in the News in the last three or four days.

O'Neal Village isn't new. It was approved last summer and is a mixed use development that does have a commercial component. I think Sonrise may be referring to something else.

Sky,

It's been there at least 4 months with not one ounce of progress or dirt moved. Kinda like our very own lil' Pinnacle. ;)

My wife, my dad and myself ate at Copper River in Boiling Springs and we were informed that they were going to open up 3 or 4 more around the upstate sooner rather than later. I live 10 minutes from the proposed one in Greer, we'll see.

Sky,

It's been there at least 4 months with not one ounce of progress or dirt moved. Kinda like our very own lil' Pinnacle. ;)

My wife, my dad and myself ate at Copper River in Boiling Springs and we were informed that they were going to open up 3 or 4 more around the upstate sooner rather than later. I live 10 minutes from the proposed one in Greer, we'll see.

Yes, it has been awhile since the Copper River Grill project was approved. I heard there were details to work out between Copper River corp and their local partner that have recently been resolved. I'm told it is a go and to expect progress soon.

Archived