Civic apathy

krazeeboi

After going back and forth between the Nashville and Charlotte forums with this competition between Signature tower and Wachovia's new tower, I'm just itching for Columbia to get a new tallest. I'd settle for 35 stories and a nice spire. Any of Columbia's peer cities getting any towers soon? I think Baton Rouge may be getting one, but had it not been for Katrina, that probably wouldn't be the case.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see something in Columbia that really sets the record as the states tallest. These questionalby taller buildings that are proposed in other cities are too mcuh of a threat to Columbia's reign. Something 30-35 floors wiht an impressive pinnacle would be nice.

I expect the moment ground is broken on one project for any other city Columbia will announce a new tallest within 2 years. Probablly from USC/private joint venture. Maybe the Chineese equivalent of GE will move it's american HQ here? Since they already have a strong pressence in Kershaw Co.

Archived