Forum rules

vdogg

I have had to close a few threads as of late and with that I noticed I had not posted a rules section in this forum.

Forum rules

I would like to call attention to 2 items

1) We have a zero tolerance policy for the following:

* Multiple accounts

* Imitating someone else under a username from another board

* Flaming/bashing one person or a group of people

* Attempts to comprimise the security of any user(s) or group(s) of this board or the board itself

* Posting of illegal material such as warez, copyrighted material, etc.

* Using false information when registering.

3) Do not create posts to antagonize other forumers. Doing so will result in the post being deleted, and as a minimum an immediate suspension.

* No line by line rebuttal posts containing multiple quotes

* Do not bash cities, states, countries or regions

* Do not create childish boosterism posts. i.e. "my city is better than yours".

* Do not argue with anyone on the staff. If you have a complaint contact an admin.

* Anything else that leads to a fight with another forumer.

The forum is becoming quite active and with that we will encounter more and more people with view points that may not be as agreeable as you like. In the heat of battle we have all from time to time forgotten certain rules and codes of conduct so let this be a timely reminder to all of us. Attack the post, not the person. :thumbsup:

Due to some complaints, I will be paying closer attention to this issue in the coming days. We need to make sure this forum is enjoyable for everyone to participate in.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

* Flaming/bashing one person or a group of people

3) Do not create posts to antagonize other forumers. Doing so will result in the post being deleted, and as a minimum an immediate suspension.

Quoted for emphasis. I have deleted yet 2 more threads. Please abide by these rules. If you break the rules above you will no longer be allowed to participate in the forum. I am saying this again so that everyone may be clear on this.

• 2 years later...

I've seen an uptick of this lately. Guys, lets try not to post link only posts. Just add a short description (like a sentence or two) or an a short quote from an article. I think we've all been guilty of it at least once but it is against site rules and we need to reign this in. Posts that contain only a link tend to not generate as much discussion as those with at least some description.

• vdogg unpinned this topic