The Cliffs at Mountain Park

gs3

The largest Cliffs community yet is being built off Highway 11. Look at the amount of jobs this is creating! And we all talk about the what the outside thinks of Greenville....apparently they think very highly.....Gary Player is moving his family AND his company to Greenville. The cycling capital and now taking a shot at the golf capital....GO GREENVILLE! :thumbsup: Great article!

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll...S/60425051/1122

Also note he plans to bring his charity pro-am to Greenville!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The largest Cliffs community yet is being built off Highway 11. Look at the amount of jobs this is creating! And we all talk about the what the outside thinks of Greenville....apparently they think very highly.....Gary Player is moving his family AND his company to Greenville. The cycling capital and now taking a shot at the golf capital....GO GREENVILLE! :thumbsup: Great article!

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll...S/60425051/1122

Also note he plans to bring his charity pro-am to Greenville!! :thumbsup:

THAT'S HOT! the entrance which looks about 50-75% complete looks quite classy. waterfalls, etc. i am really glad to hear about the pedestrian village componet. at the cliffs la bastite development there was to be included a small commercial village modeled after a french town. must have feel through the vines! :unsure:

What got me was the the number of lots in each community they have sold compared to the number of homes actually built.

Also, for those that do not know, the Cliffs Heritage project that failed was to be developed on the Hartness Estate with frontage on Garlington and HWY 14. I am thinking that the regulatory issues involved the airport.

The Heritage project loss was a HUGE bummer for Greenville as it would have included the largest homes the Upstate has ever seen, and would have generated an incredible amount of revenue for the County.

This new development, including the moving of Gary Player's company headquarters, reinforces every positive element we have bragged about Greenville since the start of this online forum. :yahoo:

What got me was the the number of lots in each community they have sold compared to the number of homes actually built.

Also, for those that do not know, the Cliffs Heritage project that failed was to be developed on the Hartness Estate with frontage on Garlington and HWY 14. I am thinking that the regulatory issues involved the airport.

From what I understand it had more to do with the streams running through (environmental issues). Unless the buildings were to be 3 stories there wouldn't be an airport issue. Now that the project is stopped the road should be given back.

From what I understand it had more to do with the streams running through (environmental issues). Unless the buildings were to be 3 stories there wouldn't be an airport issue. Now that the project is stopped the road should be given back.

What year was it that they planned it? in 1995 the airport Environs was set up which bans all residential within the evirons, the environs ends at the enoree river, the Hartness estate starts on the other side of the river. I was thinking that maybe the airport tried to block it before the environs had been set.

BTW, if you ever wondered, that is part of the reason their is so much industrial on certain sections of Pelham and Bateville Rd. becuase homes are not permitted.

Anybody seen the TV commercials they are running for this place? Excellent! :thumbsup: It shows Gary Player and he's talking about how he could have chosen any place in the world, and he chose here. Beautiful scenery! Well done commercial.

• 8 months later...

^^^Uh...Gary Player. :lol:

I would rather pay a little over a million dollars to live in one of the condos at the Peacock or Pinnacle than pay 9.8 million dollars to live at the Cliffs.

The $9.8 Million home is on Kiawha Island, not The Cliffs. I know there have been homes in the $4-5 Million range here, but even that is a bit overboard, if you ask me.

:blush: ^^^Oh. Let me rephrase that then. I'd rather pay a little over one million dollars to live in a condo at the Peacock or Pinnacle then pay 4-5 million dollars to live at the Cliffs or 9.8 million dollars to live on Kiawha Island.

Me too. Urban life for me. But then again, if I had a million dollars, I MIGHT also have another 4-5 lying around for a vacation home at the Cliffs... :D

The Cliffs is now ranked the seventh best private golf course community in the country by Travel and Leisure golf magazine. What do you guys think about this? More info: http://www.travelandleisure.com/tlgolf/art...st-january-2007 or http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...INESS/701260386

Excellent news! This will definitely help boost Greenville's tourism and bring in a high end demographic. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Archived