1300 jobs for Spartanburg

hub-city

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news for Spartanburg. I hope some of those 1300 jobs are white-collar.

lol not all 1,300 :P

They're hiring managers in mid-June and are hiring hourly workers in July. I dont know much about the company and its stability in the long run, so I think i'll pass on applying.

As a general rule, if tax incentives are tied to the number of jobs created, then the number of jobs announced is lower than the number of jobs that actually get created, as companies will underquote the number of new jobs in order to insure that tax incentives are obtained.

I don't know if tax incentives are tied to job creation in this case, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

EchoStar plans on hiring 200 additional people! My hope is that this will play a role in making the Fairforest part of town more attractive to residents and reinvestment. The report on Channel 7 last night said that this place will use more technology, and will require more highly specialized workers.

HJ Article

I was there yesterday during the press conference and got a tour of the plant as well. During the meeting the CEO of the company complimented the Johnson development team for "selling" them on the idea of such a large building. Initially they wanted one a third of the size of the one in Fairforest. Right now the building is only one third full but I think the extra space and Spartanburg's quality work force has enticed them into making the Spartanburg plant "their largest one" and "possibly expanding into another building on site" but that would be a couple years down the road. Inside the plant is very impressive, the amount of electronics inside is mind boggling. Echostar execs were extremely complimentary of Spartanburg's Community College and County Council and even of the guys in Columbia (even though they almost blew it.) Apparently there was a lot of competition for this plant and Spartanburg won out even over the founder's home state. I have to say I was really proud of Sparkle Town yesterday!

I was there yesterday during the press conference and got a tour of the plant as well. During the meeting the CEO of the company complimented the Johnson development team for "selling" them on the idea of such a large building. Initially they wanted one a third of the size of the one in Fairforest. Right now the building is only one third full but I think the extra space and Spartanburg's quality work force has enticed them into making the Spartanburg plant "their largest one" and "possibly expanding into another building on site" but that would be a couple years down the road. Inside the plant is very impressive, the amount of electronics inside is mind boggling. Echostar execs were extremely complimentary of Spartanburg's Community College and County Council and even of the guys in Columbia (even though they almost blew it.) Apparently there was a lot of competition for this plant and Spartanburg won out even over the founder's home state. I have to say I was really proud of Sparkle Town yesterday!

Archived