Springfield Transportation

hey thats the US 65/Sunshine enterchange, very cool. The Glenstone I-44 Interchange will be the same concept except the on-off ramps will be above the highway instead of below.

It looks like they are getting ready to pour the concrete for the flyover at 44/65. Thanks for the photo!

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Primrose and National today and I noticed that the preliminary work had begun to widen that intersection and also make National six lanes from Primrose to James River Freeway.

Yeah, they were to start that project this week. It's only supposed to take 6 months!

Good job city planners. Have you ever tried to go Southbound on National at around 4 or 5 pm?

I try to avoid it at all costs. If you were to take National to James River Frwy. it would take 10-15 minuets to do so from Battlefield during rush hour. AHHH.... I'm just glad their doing something about it.

Although they need to widen National to 6 lanes from Battlefield.

Good job city planners. Have you ever tried to go Southbound on National at around 4 or 5 pm?

No, rarely... I rather to not go there during afternoon and I rather to forget my experiences there. My mother lives there close by South National, ouch.

Don't forgot that South Cox Hospital will help pay for those roads construction. I was wondering how they can build six lanes under the skywalk? Supports are just few feet away from road.

I still looking for blueprint of this roads construction, do you know any?

Edited by Pyaxi

No, rarely... I rather to not go there during afternoon and I rather to forget my experiences there. My mother lives there close by South National, ouch.

Don't forgot that South Cox Hospital will help pay for those roads construction. I was wondering how they can build six lanes under the skywalk? Supports are just few feet away from road.

I was wondering that same thing. The supports for the skywalk are way too close to the road for expansion. Maybe they will put temporary supports during construction and build news ones to make way for the road.?

When I worked for the City of Springfield for a little while, I saw an Engineering department's proposed preliminary "blueprint" of a six-lane expansion of National from Primrose to James River Freeway. It has been so long though that I can't remember nor picture in my head what the plans did with the supports to the pedestrian overpass (assuming that they even stuck with those plans; I think that they had been around for a few years).

If I had to guess:

There is enough room between the supports for a six-lane cross section with a very minimal median. Then they will wrap the sidewalk on both sides around the supports. They wouldn't have to fit those in.

I guess we'll see when it's all done!

BNSF tracks Vs. Magic Bullet

BNSF tracks: St. Louis arrives in Springfield for about more than six hours.

Magic Bullet: St. Louis arrives in Springfield for about less than two hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BNSF tracks: Environmentally Unfriendly

Magic Bullet: Environmentally Friendly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BNSF tracks: 34,000 a year

Magic Bullet: More than 34,000 a year

So, Amtrak you better doing right thing. Six hours are outrage! Six hours due to hilly, steeps, curves, etcs.

All mass transit ideas will involve a huge public subsidy, whether it's billions of dollars for remade interstates or money for future technologies, such as light rail or bullet trains. If MoDOT and Amtrak and others worried about the future of transportation really want to move Missouri forward, let's make sure the discussion at least revolves around future technology, not relics of the past.

MoDOT did pretty much well with Missouri Transportions, but I don't know about Amtrak.

Clicky, Clicky for more information

Edited by Pyaxi

Flyover Ramp to open the week of June 25!

The new northbound U.S. 65 to westbound Interstate 44 flyover ramp should open the week of June 25, Missouri Department of Transportation said.

At that time northbound U.S. 65 traffic will shift to one southbound U.S. 65 lane at I-44.

That will create two-way traffic in U.S. 65 southbound lanes at I-44.

The traffic shift is required to allow contractor crews to tear down and replace the northbound U.S. 65 bridge.

In addition, I-44 is scheduled to close to all U.S. 65 traffic either the weekend of June 30 or the weekend of July 7. That will allow contractor crews to tear down the old northbound U.S. 65 bridge.

I know that I will not use the interchange at all when they work on the 65 bridge over I-44. :wacko:

Flyover Ramp to open the week of June 25!

I know that I will not use the interchange at all when they work on the 65 bridge over I-44. :wacko:

Hmmm, 25th? Geez, I guess so. That's mean next two week... I'll take photos when they're completed with flyover ramp, if you wish to.

Sound like it gonna be heavy traffic for few months (sighs).