Springfield Transportation

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? You think so? Hmmm.... more than 3 Billions Dollars... sound like more than 6 lanes.

Pyaxi, that I-44 to eight lanes was only a recomendation, there is no money for it right now and the state gov. will have to pass a bill on it before anything will become of it.

Folks, I found a treasure.

PDF from MoDOT, that shows whole about Missouri Transportation such like improvements, developments, etc. Most of them cost up to more than 37 billions dollars. :shok:

As you know I-70 and I-44, that they are discussing about adding lanes and Truck Lanes, improve interchanges, exits, etcs. Amtrak rails will be between St. Louis to Springfield AND will have Springfield to Branson!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whole U.S. 60 will have corridor improvements, but I don't know much about it. It doesn't have a detail about it.

Also...... James River Freeway and U.S. 65 will add lanes and to revise interchanges, too!!!!!!!!!! Both of them cost about more than 300 millions dollars.

I hope you guys will enjoy it!

Can you give a link to the PDF? Just wanting to read it.

Pyaxi, that I-44 to eight lanes was only a recomendation, there is no money for it right now and the state gov. will have to pass a bill on it before anything will become of it.

Can you give a link to the PDF? Just wanting to read it.

Well, I felt that they will do it. Because they broken the promises to Missourians about 15 years plans for this Projects. Have you heard before about 15 Years Plans?

Here the PDF

http://www.modot.org/documents/Map_000.pdf

Well, I felt that they will do it. Because they broken the promises to Missourians about 15 years plans for this Projects. Have you heard before about 15 Years Plans?

Here the PDF

http://www.modot.org/documents/Map_000.pdf

WOW! That is really ambitous of them to come up with a long term plan like that, although they owe it to Missourians after taking our money. The only problem is there is no funding for it and they will have to ask the feds for more money to even accomplish some of it.

Thanks for that PDF Pyaxi!

MoDOT to host open house over Glenstone-Interstate 44 interchange proposal :yahoo:

The Missouri Department of Transportation will host a public meeting next week on an Interstate 44 and Glenstone Avenue project.

The open house-style meeting is scheduled from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Springfield

MoDOT to host open house over Glenstone-Interstate 44 interchange proposal :yahoo:

The project includes:

• Building a “diamond” interchange to replace the cloverleaf

• Replacing both Glenstone Avenue bridges over I-44

• Widening Route H to add a center turn lane between I-44 and Valley Water Mill Road

Hopefully they will put a SPUI in there like the one at Sunshine and 65. That seems to work really well for busy interchanges.

Hmm, SPUI.... that would means more wide road on interchange.

I just got memories flashback in '90 about Sunshine and 65... three intersections closer together.... good lord. Today, BETTER MUCH.

Edited by Pyaxi

Awesome! Thanks for the photos pyaxi. Just think what that will look like in the future when the put in the other 3 flyovers.

For an update on the 60/65 interchange, they will start construction in early 2009 with a completion date as soon as spring 2011. The flyover ramps will be constructed first to aleviate the traffic backups during the rest of the construction. I cant wait to see the finished product.

I will be going to the meeting on tuesday because my family owns property at the valley watermill and glenstone intersection. I don't think the "Diamond" status rules out the single point interchange because I think that is considered a diamond interchange. Hopefully I can get some pictures to post on here after the meeting.

I will be going to the meeting on tuesday because my family owns property at the valley watermill and glenstone intersection. I don't think the "Diamond" status rules out the single point interchange because I think that is considered a diamond interchange. Hopefully I can get some pictures to post on here after the meeting.

That's great! I hope your family happy with new intersection!

Of course, they would make it large and wide diamond... easy to say because Glenstone is champion road in Springfield. It would so so so stupid put one lane for exiting highway.

Do you think they will widening to six lanes on I-44 between Glenstone and H65?

Edited by Pyaxi

Diamond intersections are lame and back up traffic becuase of all the stoplights, 44/Glenstone should be a single point intersection on the bridge like sunshine/65 is under the bridges.

Diamond interchanges work well if they have multiple turn lanes at the intersection.

That's great! I hope your family happy with new intersection!

Of course, they would make it large and wide diamond... easy to say because Glenstone is champion road in Springfield. It would so so so stupid put one lane for exiting highway.

Do you think they will widening to six lanes on I-44 between Glenstone and H65?

If they don't widen it to six lanes then that is some of the worst city planning that I have ever seen.

I don't think it's as much of a matter of city planning as it is a lack of funds. MoDOT, Ozarks Transportation Org, City of Springfield, nor anyone else has enough money to fund half the things that need to be done. This has nothing to do with a lack of will or planning.

I don't think it's as much of a matter of city planning as it is a lack of funds. MoDOT, Ozarks Transportation Org, City of Springfield, nor anyone else has enough money to fund half the things that need to be done. This has nothing to do with a lack of will or planning.

Yeah, I agree with you. Springfield officials keep everything positive as possible, still wowing at it.

It's not that putting a third lane in is an absolute necessity right now, I just hope that they have built the interchange to easily handle a third lane when needed. If they build the interchange with only two lanes in mind, then when they have to add a third lane it will cost more in the long run to have to redo bridges, interchanges, etc.

It's not that putting a third lane in is an absolute necessity right now, I just hope that they have built the interchange to easily handle a third lane when needed. If they build the interchange with only two lanes in mind, then when they have to add a third lane it will cost more in the long run to have to redo bridges, interchanges, etc.

I totally agree with you about this. For instance, at Sunshine and Highway 65, all that is needed at that interchange for a six-lane 65 is a restriping of that bridge -- it's already wide enough. That kind of foresight is very important.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news everyone!!! Springfield will be getting its second SPUI (Single Point Urban Interchange),like that of the Sunshine/65 interchange, at Glenstone and I-44. After attending the meeting at the Springfield MODOT office last week, I got to see the plans. From what I saw it looks like they are planning on widening the intersection to handle 8 future lanes on I-44! They will also replace the current Glenstone Bridges over I-44 to accomodate a wider, 8 lane span, bridge! Glenstone will also be widened to three lanes up to a point north of Valley Watermill Road with a new interchange at Valley Watermill and Glenstone!

Construction should start in 2008 with an estimated completion date in 2010!

Edited by slyder1

Great news everyone!!! Springfield will be getting its second SPUI (Single Point Urban Interchange),like that of the Sunshine/65 interchange, at Glenstone and I-44. After attending the meeting at the Springfield MODOT office last week, I got to see the plans. From what I saw it looks like they are planning on widening the intersection to handle 8 future lanes on I-44! They will also replace the current Glenstone Bridges over I-44 to accomodate a wider, 8 lane span, bridge! Glenstone will also be widened to three lanes up to a point north of Valley Watermill Road with a new interchange at Valley Watermill and Glenstone!

8 Lanes! :D with big grin. So, Springfield know what they are doing!

Edited by Pyaxi

I thou it would be great idea to show everyone what is really SPUI look like...

Sunshine65.jpg

Edited by Pyaxi