Springfield Transportation

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I drove on the 44/65 interchange yestrerday and they have these huge polls all around the interchange. My guess is that they are for lights to light up the interchange at night. What do you guys think. That would be awesome if they were for lights, it would really make that interchange feel urban!

I drove on the 44/65 interchange yestrerday and they have these huge polls all around the interchange. My guess is that they are for lights to light up the interchange at night. What do you guys think. That would be awesome if they were for lights, it would really make that interchange feel urban!

Urban! Urban! Love it! :)

Would they do next with phase for three new flyover ramps? I got the feeling that they're not going to do it.

They will do it, but it'll take more time than the first phase.

Have any of you been down to the National Ave construction. Like I said, they had enough room for six lanes between the pedestrian walkway supports. And only one of the sidewalks had to go on the outside of the support (the west side).

They will do it, but it'll take more time than the first phase.

Have any of you been down to the National Ave construction. Like I said, they had enough room for six lanes between the pedestrian walkway supports. And only one of the sidewalks had to go on the outside of the support (the west side).

Yeah, I was surprised that can fit in under the walkway. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I went ahead and moved your post into this toipc d_weava, I hope you don't mind.

I saw that they will be putting in 3 interchanges between Springfield and Rogersville on US 60 tp upgrade it to a Freeway. I can't remember where they said they will put them but I know one was at Farm Rd. 125, US 60 Business in Rogersville and I don't remember the other one. I'm glad modot is planning this for the future so we don't get caught with our pants down. After this is completed Springfield will a great highway system in the metro... in fact it will be better than most cities our size and larger.

• 2 weeks later...

At last somebody have been spoke!

Kansas Expressway Extension

It took me long time wondering if they are actually going to do it! This project is still on hold, like six or seven years ago! Because lack of funding, estimated cost about more than one hundred million dollars!!! Somebody hire new city manager now! :angry:

Clicky

Edited by Pyaxi

• 2 months later...

Im sure most of you have seen the latest projects going on in Springfield like the intersection of National and Chestnut. They are adding dual left turn lanes in each direction, as well as leveling the intersection grade. This will be alot of fun once they have to start shutting down the intersection. LOL... Amoung other big projects the US 60/Glenstone Ave. and Republic Rd. Interchange is being redone.

Upcoming projects that will start in the fall are the I-44 Glensone Ave. Interchage which will mirror the Sunshine US 65 Interchange as well as H being widened to accomadate a center turn lane past Valley Watermill, and intersection improvements at McClernon/Glenstone and Valley WaterMill/ Glentsone. Then to the south the Intersection of Primrose and Glenstone will also be getting dual left turn lanes in each direction as well as making room for a third lane addition in both directions on Glenstone, something that should have been done along time ago.

There are other projects going on as well but I covered most of the major ones. If anyone else can think of any more please add them.

• 2 weeks later...

Im sure most of you have seen the latest projects going on in Springfield like the intersection of National and Chestnut. They are adding dual left turn lanes in each direction, as well as leveling the intersection grade. This will be alot of fun once they have to start shutting down the intersection. LOL... Amoung other big projects the US 60/Glenstone Ave. and Republic Rd. Interchange is being redone.

Upcoming projects that will start in the fall are the I-44 Glensone Ave. Interchage which will mirror the Sunshine US 65 Interchange as well as H being widened to accomadate a center turn lane past Valley Watermill, and intersection improvements at McClernon/Glenstone and Valley WaterMill/ Glentsone. Then to the south the Intersection of Primrose and Glenstone will also be getting dual left turn lanes in each direction as well as making room for a third lane addition in both directions on Glenstone, something that should have been done along time ago.

There are other projects going on as well but I covered most of the major ones. If anyone else can think of any more please add them.

Weaver Road and Campbell intersection is going to be relocated slightly to the north. The relocation of Highway 266 (West Chestnut) and the new airport road should be starting soon. Highway 65 from Valley Water Mill Road to almost Buffalo is becoming four-lane. East Kearney from US 65 to LeCompte is becoming four-lane. That is all I can think of right now. Like you said, you covered most of the major ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Woot Surprised again! It grabbed me something about it from West Sunshine/Highway 60 Corridor Study for improvement plans between Republic and Springfield's precious road.

The current city charter for the City of Springfield prohibits City Utilities from extending its transit lines outside the city limits of Springfield. However, the Metropolitan Planning Organization is currently exploring development of a transit authority that could provide transit service throughout the metropolitan area.

I didn't expect this one coming, I guess Spfd is greedy then.

Edited by Pyaxi

• 2 weeks later...

It will be good once they get the Metro Transit Authority up and running. Connection to Willard, Strafford, Nixa, Ozark, Republic, would really help out alot of people I bet since all of those communities are booming and of course are bedroom communities of Springfield.

• 1 month later...

I drove by the National and Chestnut interchange and things are moving very fast, it looks really great. I couldn't tell if they made room for the third lanes on chestnut but I think they did. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. Springfield planning for ya'.

I've been thinking about some ways to make the roads better or upgraded around here and the only thing, I think, that would really spark a change is another Transportation tax. I know we already have a 1/4 cent tax for city intersections and roads, but honestley that is nothing compared to what other cities have. I was thinking, if the city approved a 1/2 cent sales tax for major intersections, we could very soon see some major improvements to intersections that really need it. Take Kansas Exspressway and I-44, ahhhhh never drive down highway 13 during rush hour! Then theres Chestnut and 65, which is always backed up during rush hour, Battlefield and 65 really needs a facelift, horrible traffic too. Then there's Campbell and James River... don't even get me started!

So I was just wondering what all your thoughts were if a 1/2 cent sales tax to fix major interchanges was ever to pass, and if you would vote for it?

• 2 weeks later...

I-44 and MO 13 (Kansas Exspressway) Interchange getting a makover... FINALY!!

The first Diverging Diamond Interchange in the US!

Link to rendering and information about Diverging Interchange: http://www.news-leader.com/assets/pdf/DO10...3kOTiUOyqLhg%3D

The existing bridge over Interstate 44 will be improved, have a "slip ramp" where the only place drivers from I-44 who want to go to the fairgrounds or the zoo is can get to Norton Road.

It will dramatically lengthen the left-turn lanes, increasing holding capacity, keeping traffic moving with fewer stops. It will also increase the size of the "bottle," which results in the bottleneck, and give us a bigger opening to the bottle.

There won't be any more confusion for people as to which lane will take them where they want to go, says Angela Eden, MoDOT spokesperson. And there will be additional signage leading up to the interchange, telling people how to negotiate the new throughway, she says. Just what those signs will be has not been decided yet, she says.

The best rendering is in the Friday News-Leader. MODOT put a photo of what the interhcange will look like.