Richmond Coffee House

JWCJ

I will say this guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Yes, Joey, but most often people kill people with guns rather than other implements.

Aside from my personal distaste for firearms, I repeat that I am aware that licensed ownership of them is permissable under the 1st Amendment. That's not my argument here. I deplore any State allowing gun toters into establishments that serve alcoholic beverages. They don't mix, and given the hot tempers of today's youth, tragedy is too often the result.

I'm sure you're right, erdogs; but whatever it is, I'd like to see it repealed. :)

Hey! Two HR posters with "dog" in their names? :lol: Kool!

Careful Burt, Charlton Heston might be angry at you. Oh and "kewl" is what the hip kids say these days... youngsters...

Thats it, I've had enough. I'm calling Mr. Heston today! Just make sure the right amendment gets repealed. The first one! :lol:

:rofl: Is that the one that has something to do with free speech?

Incidentally, Mr. Heston is in advanced stages of altzheimers disease. Poor guy. He was a fine Ben Hur.

Edited by burt

Is criticizing the government and policies still allowed under the First Amendment? It doesn't seem like it is these days.

I have yet hear about anyone going to jail due to free speach! Free speach doesn't mean freedom from criticisizing someone elses speach. If your going to give it you have to take it! It seems if someone criticizes Bush and he responds, people yell about losing there 1st Amendment rights. That has no basis in logic. If someone does go to jail for using there freedom of speech, I will be the first one protesting.

I have yet hear about anyone going to jail due to free speach! Free speach doesn't mean freedom from criticisizing someone elses speach. If your going to give it you have to take it! It seems if someone criticizes Bush and he responds, people yell about losing there 1st Amendment rights. That has no basis in logic. If someone does go to jail for using there freedom of speech, I will be the first one protesting.

Nobody's gone to jail, but when administration officials suggest that speaking out against the Bush regime equates you with al-Qaeda, then we're not that far off.

proof?

something thats not from a extreme liberal website that twists words

I think thats Air America! I have listened to them the last 2 months. The hate for this administration is irrational. They don't have a single possitive thing to say about this country. I finally couldn't take it any more. At least the conservatives give the other side a platform, other than Rush. You don't get that from AA. Is all they do is complain to each other how much we suck.

I'm no great fan of this administration, but they have been in a fight since the 2000 debacle. Other then some social issues, they have done an adequate job. I think someone like Rudy G. would have done better. I hope the Dem's get there shot to run the war on terror. That way we can see how sending lawyers and judges after them works. Or have we already tried that?

Did anyone watch today's Tim Russet show which featured the two Virginia Senate candidates?

I had inferred from the Richmond press (RTD) that Webb was wimpish, but he sure cleaned Allen's clock today on National TV, IMO.

I hope Allen goes down. I have never liked him. That smug look on his face has never set well with me. Then there is the noose incident. <_<

I have alot of issues with Bush but I was choosing between 2 evils and choose the lesser. I have issues with NAFTA is one. Everyone is benefitting from this besides us. The boarder stance bothers me. They actually are acting liberal on this. What part of illegal don't they understand? Also, for them to make this a racial thing is a very low and desperate try. But I guess that everyone in America is scared about sounding like they are offending a group of people no matter how wrong that group is.

Alan has put his foot in his mouth too many times already. I believe he won't be getting his seat back.

Both sides really don't work for the people anymore. They both have outside interests that are not for the welfare of our people.

My solution is to have a minimum mandatory 5 party system by law. Them Dem's will represent the far left, so no change. The Rep's will represent the far right, there very close to that now. The Libertarians will represent the extreme middle, need some tweeking. And two parties on either side of the Libertarians. Lets call them Yin and Yang. The theory is the three additional parties will draw enough votes from the extremes to make them viable.

proof?

something thats not from a extreme liberal website that twists words

Let me guess: anything that's not Drudge, Fox News or Free Republic is "extreme liberal" right?

Anyway, just in the last week or so, we've had:

"I listen to my Democratic friends and I wonder if they're more interested in protecting the terrorists than protecting the American people," House Majority Leader John Boehner, an Ohio Republican, told reporters.

"So you look at situation today in Afghanistan or even in Iraq, and you

Its hard to say what would work well. Over the centuries of man, we have never been able to get rid of corruption from the Romans, Greeks, and the Persian empires. They have all fell due to fighting within themselves and letting others position themselves within the govt body. I do believe there is a solution to everything but its whether or not man wants to really give up the power to the better of the people. Oh, erdogs its on tonight dude!

Them Dem's will represent the far left, so no change.

There hasn't been a "far left" Democrat since Paul Wellstone's plane went down.

The Libertarians will represent the extreme middle, need some tweeking.
If you think Libertarians represent the middle, then you really don't understand their party.

And two parties on either side of the Libertarians. Lets call them Yin and Yang. The theory is the three additional parties will draw enough votes from the extremes to make them viable.

You do realize there are several parties out there, to the left and right, besides Dems, GOP & Libertarians, right? The parties exists, there's just a general political apathy that keeps people from joining.

The parties exists, there's just a general political apathy that keeps people from joining.

Not only that but these parties simply don't have the pool of money and media connections/publicity to make a dent on the national stage. Hell, the republicans even have their own news channel (fox news, fair and balanced :lol: ). On a side note, this is what a coffee house is supposed to be. :thumbsup: I'm glad that you guys have steered it away from being a secondary off-topic thread.