Who lost internet access?

snoogit

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 hour maintenance though? someone got fired :P

no I dont think it was anything malicious, more like someone was performing maintenance and made a boo boo :P

A VERY big booboo. It was an upgrade gone bad. They were performing maintainence on their ATM switches and when it went bad, there was a cascading effect. The ATM switches act as the transport for all of their DSL subscribers and many, many T1 customers.

Needless to say I was busy today. :) As of 5:30PM - we only had 3/4 of our DSL subscribers restored.

Apparetly it effected all of the old Ameritec territory. (Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois....) Lucky for me, it originated in Michigan apparrently, so we had the brunt of it.

A VERY big booboo. It was an upgrade gone bad. They were performing maintainence on their ATM switches and when it went bad, there was a cascading effect. The ATM switches act as the transport for all of their DSL subscribers and many, many T1 customers.

Needless to say I was busy today. :) As of 5:30PM - we only had 3/4 of our DSL subscribers restored.

Apparetly it effected all of the old Ameritech territory. (Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois....) Lucky for me, it originated in Michigan apparrently, so we had the brunt of it.

I must admit, it does seem faster now, lol.

Got my DSL through JAS Networks.. no problem for me today!

Ahh. Yes - only affected SBC/AT&T circuits today.

On a side note, my company (wmis.net) is starting to do some work with ACD.net. You may recognize that name on the Grand Rapids WIFI project thread.

Good folks @ ACD.

Ahh. Yes - only affected SBC/AT&T circuits today.

On a side note, my company (wmis.net) is starting to do some work with ACD.net. You may recognize that name on the Grand Rapids WIFI project thread.

Good folks @ ACD.

Yeah, ACD is one of the few providers, along with JAS Networks, who can offer us dry line DSL (i.e. does not require voice service through a telco)

Archived