Stores in 1980's/1990's

Sparkledude85

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drove through that intersection this weekend, and I made a point to see how the circle fit in. You can clearly see where it used to be thanks to that shopping center (I had never noticed the name) and all of the excess space at the corners there.

Does anyone remember when you used to pass Floyd Mortuary on east main and there was nothing but pine trees all the way to Webber Rd on the right? Lan Yair was on the left and when you got out to Webber Rd there was a clothing store where Yannis is now called Robert Hall and across the street where the bowling alley is now was a lounge called the El Cid.

Does anyone remember the restaurant called the Lobster House that used to be downtown across from the old Evans Jr High on Kennedy St. That place used to rock!

How about some old bars that used to be here?

• 5 months later...

Didn't there used to be a nightclub directly across the street from the Herald Journal and beside where Carriage House Wines is now? I am not talking about the Loading Dock as that was where Sonny's Pizza is now. This place was in a building that has since been torn down.

The bar out on Fernwood Glendale beside the old Food Town was called the Tropicana Bar and served to about everyone no matter how bad your fake id was.

Another old bar used to sit out on Country Club Rd on the way to Glendale but burned down in the 80's. I can't remember its name.

Archived