Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juancapitalcitydc

Peninsula Picture Share

33 posts in this topic

This Jefferson Lab building graces Jefferson Boulevard as an extension to the US Dept of Energy.

arcbuilding.jpg

This is a picture of the church bell of the old Hilton First Presbyterian Church, built in 1919.

HPC_bell.jpg

This is the Greek Orthodox Church of Newport News. This is where the Newport News Greek Festival takes place! Keep in mind that it is this year, June 1-4th! The food is great! It's a must, if you haven't been. There is one that takes place in Norfolk during the summer, at the Greek Orthodox Church off Granby St for our Southside friends.

church_page1.jpg

church1.jpg

rainbow1.jpg

This is the colorful United House of Prayer Church in downtown Newport News.

uhopNewNews_big.jpg

Nice pics juan. You have been busy. Are you planning on moving back to the pennisula one of these days?

This church, built in 1881, still stands as an element to the downtown Newport News Skyline.

oldsanctuary.gif

1910-FBC-5-A.jpg

I would like to see a better picture of it. Maybe someone can go snap a shot.

Nice pics juan. You have been busy. Are you planning on moving back to the pennisula one of these days?

Thanx! I have visions of one day moving back. I'm not sure if I will ever move back but I will at least visit here and there.

This is the Greek Orthodox Church of Newport News. This is where the Newport News Greek Festival takes place! Keep in mind that it is this year, June 1-4th! The food is great! It's a must, if you haven't been. There is one that takes place in Norfolk during the summer, at the Greek Orthodox Church off Granby St for our Southside friends.

church_page1.jpg

church1.jpg

rainbow1.jpg

That's my church, Sts Constantine and Helen, and yes the Greek festival this year is the first weekend in June. I believe it is the largest ethnic festival on the Peninsula with close to 20,000 in attendance over four days. I will be there all weekend volunteering and running around.

The Greek festival at the Annunciation church in Norfolk is on the weekend of May 19. The Greek church there is located on Granby Street near Wards corner.

That's my church, Sts Constantine and Helen, and yes the Greek festival this year is the first weekend in June. I believe it is the largest ethnic festival on the Peninsula with close to 20,000 in attendance over four days. I will be there all weekend volunteering and running around.

The Greek festival at the Annunciation church in Norfolk is on the weekend of May 19. The Greek church there is located on Granby Street near Wards corner.

Awesome! My family and I wait all year round for the Greek Fest. It's a summer tradition for us now.

Haven't been to the Greekfest in NN, but my fiance and I went to the one in Norfolk last year (it was our first time). It was awesome. The food was great, the music and traditional dancing was very cool. (as a musician, I appreciate that stuff :) and they had a Greek market that sold music, clothing, apperal, jewelry, and sundry Greek merchendise. We had a good time.

Metalman

I've always liked the look of this piece in Oyster Point.

Newport%20News%20in%20place.jpg

Here are a few stills of the campus of Christopher Newport University.

311as2185.jpg

fountain2.jpg

The Ferguson Performing Arts Center!

9609-1.jpg

cnusuntrust.jpg

I've always liked the look of this piece in Oyster Point.

Newport%20News%20in%20place.jpg

Did you add that to the pic? :ph34r:

I didn't notice that until you posted erdogs. It does seem photoshoped

Here's Hampton Roads' most prestigious institution for higher education: The College of William and Mary. It is the second to the oldest college, behind Harvard, in the United States. The campus is very picturesque showcasing colonial Virginia architecture, the Sunken Garden and two hundred-plus year old oak trees.

college-of-william-and-mary.jpg

virginia29.jpg

wrenfront.jpg

virginia74.jpg

williammary.jpg

stone7.jpg

braff_photo.jpg

McGlothlin.jpg

wall2.jpg

wrenside.jpg

snowmancrim.jpg

Wren_backS.jpg

SunkenGardenStepsS.jpg

SunkenGardenSteps_MainS.jpg

42966262.DSCN0001wmtrees_web.jpg

35659081.DSCN3275wandmbench_web.jpg

29069057.P1090086crimdellwinter_web.jpg

36530183.DSCN4318wmarches_web2.jpg

wmc15.jpg

Did you add that to the pic? :ph34r:

lol--No. Go take a look your self.

I use to hang out with a friend who use to attent W&M and I loved it up there. Its a very beautiful campus. Thanks for the pics dude

I use to hang out with a friend who use to attent W&M and I loved it up there. Its a very beautiful campus. Thanks for the pics dude

You're welcome-glad you guys are enjoying them.

I'll post some select pix of Hampton soon.

We need a pic of the Hampton Coliseum with the rainbow coloring.

hamptonpic.jpg

hcol2.jpg

Does the convention center have one of those fabric roofs? (like the denver airport)

Does the convention center have one of those fabric roofs? (like the denver airport)

Yes, it does. I have an ambivalent attitude toward it. :huh:

Isn't she pretty?

1230aiava_6hampton_b.jpg

That's amazing! :thumbsup: Great pic.

I love the levels of still water that is what really caught my eye. I would love to see it in person. :D