Peninsula Picture Share

juancapitalcitydc

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the Greek Orthodox Church of Newport News. This is where the Newport News Greek Festival takes place! Keep in mind that it is this year, June 1-4th! The food is great! It's a must, if you haven't been. There is one that takes place in Norfolk during the summer, at the Greek Orthodox Church off Granby St for our Southside friends.

church_page1.jpg

church1.jpg

rainbow1.jpg

This is the Greek Orthodox Church of Newport News. This is where the Newport News Greek Festival takes place! Keep in mind that it is this year, June 1-4th! The food is great! It's a must, if you haven't been. There is one that takes place in Norfolk during the summer, at the Greek Orthodox Church off Granby St for our Southside friends.

church_page1.jpg

church1.jpg

rainbow1.jpg

That's my church, Sts Constantine and Helen, and yes the Greek festival this year is the first weekend in June. I believe it is the largest ethnic festival on the Peninsula with close to 20,000 in attendance over four days. I will be there all weekend volunteering and running around.

The Greek festival at the Annunciation church in Norfolk is on the weekend of May 19. The Greek church there is located on Granby Street near Wards corner.

That's my church, Sts Constantine and Helen, and yes the Greek festival this year is the first weekend in June. I believe it is the largest ethnic festival on the Peninsula with close to 20,000 in attendance over four days. I will be there all weekend volunteering and running around.

The Greek festival at the Annunciation church in Norfolk is on the weekend of May 19. The Greek church there is located on Granby Street near Wards corner.

Awesome! My family and I wait all year round for the Greek Fest. It's a summer tradition for us now.

Haven't been to the Greekfest in NN, but my fiance and I went to the one in Norfolk last year (it was our first time). It was awesome. The food was great, the music and traditional dancing was very cool. (as a musician, I appreciate that stuff :) and they had a Greek market that sold music, clothing, apperal, jewelry, and sundry Greek merchendise. We had a good time.

Metalman

Here's Hampton Roads' most prestigious institution for higher education: The College of William and Mary. It is the second to the oldest college, behind Harvard, in the United States. The campus is very picturesque showcasing colonial Virginia architecture, the Sunken Garden and two hundred-plus year old oak trees.

college-of-william-and-mary.jpg

virginia29.jpg

wrenfront.jpg

virginia74.jpg

williammary.jpg

stone7.jpg

braff_photo.jpg

McGlothlin.jpg

wall2.jpg

wrenside.jpg

snowmancrim.jpg

Wren_backS.jpg