West Palm Beach Arean

Alexzero77

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about the building on the corner of Palm Beach Lakes and Congress? The one that looks like Space Mountain? lol

It's owned and occupated by the Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't know if they meet there every Sunday, or if it's just for large events and conferences. They did a good job with the landscaping on it, it's well maintained.

We have the convention center now, so we don't really need that building I guess. And I don't know if there will ever be a market for a legitimite sports center in West Palm Beach, lol.

Are you talking about the building on the corner of Palm Beach Lakes and Congress? The one that looks like Space Mountain? lol

It's owned and occupated by the Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't know if they meet there every Sunday, or if it's just for large events and conferences. They did a good job with the landscaping on it, it's well maintained.

We have the convention center now, so we don't really need that building I guess. And I don't know if there will ever be a market for a legitimite sports center in West Palm Beach, lol.

PBC is plenty large enough to support an arena primarily as a concert venue. I don't know what the capacity of the Kravitz Center is but a 15,000 seat arena for concerts and minor league sports is probably warranted. I think a lot of concerts would choose to play both West Palm and Miami if that were the case.

^Well there is the Sound Advice Amphitheatre at the fairgrounds. And the Bank Atlantic Center isn't that far. I don't know if there's room for another venue. It seems kind of foolish to build an arena with no major sports tenant in mind.

Perhaps one could be built; but not without bumping an existing venue out of the way first.

^Well there is the Sound Advice Amphitheatre at the fairgrounds. And the Bank Atlantic Center isn't that far. I don't know if there's room for another venue. It seems kind of foolish to build an arena with no major sports tenant in mind.

Perhaps one could be built; but not without bumping an existing venue out of the way first.

One thing that has to be factored in, I guess, is that outdoor concerts aren't seasonal the way they are in other parts of the U.S. Most similar venues to Sound Advice, such as the Smirnoff Centre in Dallas, are operation only about half of the year.

Cities like Oklahoma City, Little Rock, Greensboro, etc have profitable county-funded arenas that draw a good array of concerts and events and lure competitions like the NCAA tourney and smaller events. PBC's population is larger than any of these areas. PBC will be 2 million before you know it. Sure it's not far to Sunrise but as opposed to one event in Ft Lauderdale I could see events being held separately in Miami and WPB. That happens a lot in Dallas and Ft Worth.

Archived