Louisiana Business

NCB

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Port of New Orleans expects record 95,000 cruise vistors in December

Article

The Port of New Orleans is experiencing its busiest month for cruise ship calls in its history.

Throughout December, the Port will welcome 23 cruise ship calls by seven cruise ships. Cruise ships will be in port 21 days during the month bringing a record 95,000 passengers through New Orleans.

Well, they're anxious to move when a much better deal comes their way. When that falls through, they're doing just fine in New Orleans. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

BTW, bobby255BR, Freeport-McMoran is the world's lowest-cost copper producer and one of the world's largest producers of gold.

Blanco wins $300M incentive package for German deal

http://www.neworleanscitybusiness.c....cfm?recid=7807

Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco could meet this week with executives of a company interested in building the nation's largest durable goods manufacturing facility armed with a $300-million incentive. This potential bargaining tool is one step closer to reality today as House of Representatives unanimously approved the infrastructure necessary for the facility's construction by a vote of 97-0.

• 2 weeks later...

This was brought up in the New Orleans forum a couple of weeks ago, and it is now official; Place St. Charles, the second tallest tower in New Orleans at 645 feet, will now be Capital One Tower. Capital One moved its banking HQ's from Orlando to New Orleans, and it will obviously be in this tower.

CAP.jpg

And in case anyone is curious, that would be the French Quarter you see from 645 feet up.

This was brought up in the New Orleans forum a couple of weeks ago, and it is now official; Place St. Charles, the second tallest tower in New Orleans at 645 feet, will now be Capital One Tower. Capital One moved its banking HQ's from Orlando to New Orleans, and it will obviously be in this tower.

CAP.jpg

And in case anyone is curious, that would be the French Quarter you see from 645 feet up.

Actually, I may be wrong. There was no "Capital One Bank" prior to Capital One's buyout of Hibernia, so basically that "Capital One Bank" just formed in New Orleans. I believe Capital One just moved jobs from Orlando to New Orleans. Either way, it's good for the Crescent City! :thumbsup:

^That's some good news. Very impressive view from that high up! That's one of my favorite high-rises in NOLA.

Here's an article that's not so good. I sure hope the oldest restaurant in NOLA Antoine's does not shut-down. It's been thru alot, but the tourism indusrty has been slumping sice 9-11; now the hurricanes.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5859924

Archived