A Nashville team needs support!

Lexy

The Nashville Predators have failed to sellout a playoff game. The single most embarrassing thing a hockey club could do, and now the next game here on Sunday is threatening to NOT sellout as well. The business' of Nashville, and I know some of them view this board, should be ashamed and embarrassed to call this town their home. Fans, and not-so-fans, get out there and support the team for christ sakes. For 6 years, people here moaned and cryed that the team sucked and they would support them if the won, well where are you at Nashville???? Sitting on the couch watching re-runs of the Titans glory days gone by? Get out there to the GEC Sunday and support the team that supports you NASHVILLE!!!! Sorry for my rant, but this is effin' pathetic gang. This city can do better than this. ESPECIALLY THE CORPORATIONS that call this part of Tennessee home. You should be ashamed of yourselves, Nissan, Bellsouth, HCA, Caremark, Louisiana Pacific, various Real Estate companies, Tractor Supply, etc. PATHETIC! Get out there and do your part as a citizen and business partner of the city. The same people that buy tickets to Preds games, buy products from Tennessee companies, don't forget that!!!!!

Go PREDS!!! :angry:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree Lexy. If i lived there i'd definitely go, especially with tickets that cheap! I mean, do Nashvillians understand just how AMAZING a bargain it is to be able to attend the playoffs of A PROFESSIONAL BIG FOUR SPORT for under $30? That is unbelievable...and otu of a city of 1.5 million they can't find 17,000 people that are willing to go support the Preds? I'm sure there are many other cities that would kill to have a team like the Preds if Nashvillians are too lazy to support them...

Too true Lexy. I've been to about 15 games this year and I was stunned to see empty seats at Sunday's game. I would like to think it had something to do with it being very soon after people get out of church but that doesn't stop them from selling out Titans games. I was at the game but I only had to cross the street after church. And that still doesn't explain why the next game isn't sold out. It is definitely embarrassing for the city and you are so right about corporate Nashville needing to step up and support the team. I hope it gets better. I know the officiating needs to get much better.

The Nashville Predators have failed to sellout a playoff game. The single most embarrassing thing a hockey club could do, and now the next game here on Sunday is threatening to NOT sellout as well. The business' of Nashville, and I know some of them view this board, should be ashamed and embarrassed to call this town their home. Fans, and not-so-fans, get out there and support the team for christ sakes. For 6 years, people here moaned and cryed that the team sucked and they would support them if the won, well where are you at Nashville???? Sitting on the couch watching re-runs of the Titans glory days gone by? Get out there to the GEC Sunday and support the team that supports you NASHVILLE!!!! Sorry for my rant, but this is effin' pathetic gang. This city can do better than this. ESPECIALLY THE CORPORATIONS that call this part of Tennessee home. You should be ashamed of yourselves, Nissan, Bellsouth, HCA, Caremark, Louisiana Pacific, various Real Estate companies, Tractor Supply, etc. PATHETIC! Get out there and do your part as a citizen and business partner of the city. The same people that buy tickets to Preds games, buy products from Tennessee companies, don't forget that!!!!!

Go PREDS!!! :angry:

Just as you state, it is the corporate community in Nashville that's dropping the ball. Corporate support of NHL Hockey is tremendous all over America, but not so in Nashville. Nashville gets most of it's attendence from non-Corporate season ticket holders, while most other clubs sell more season tickets to corporate clients. Come on Nashville businesses. Get with the program. You're missing out on some of the best entertainment around!

I think that 1- everyone thinks we'll lose to the sharks, and 2- whi cares about the Sharks!?

I too am embarrased for Nashville's sake, but I've gotten used to the Braves not selling out playoff games, so oh well...

Braves fan here.

The Braves have been a winner in the latter half of the season for 14 years now. The folks in Atlanta are spoiled, and most likely tired of Ted Turner and his antics/BS. Ownership change, and a restructuring of prices at Turner Field may generate some love for the home team again. At least I hope it does.

Nashville hasn't even got a pathetic excuse, let alone a good one.

I don't think it reflects on the city or is that big a deal.

Half the NBA playoffs don't sell out. Example, tonight's Nets at Pacers game drew less than 15,000. It's iffy whether Saturday's Mavericks v. Grizzlies playoff game will sell out, and Memphis is a basketball town.

Edit: I will say it's nice that Tennessee has two teams in two playoff games this weekend.

I don't think it reflects on the city or is that big a deal.

Half the NBA playoffs don't sell out. Example, tonight's Nets at Pacers game drew less than 15,000. It's iffy whether Saturday's Mavericks v. Grizzlies playoff game will sell out, and Memphis is a basketball town.

Edit: I will say it's nice that Tennessee has two teams in two playoff games this weekend.

Yeah, it's a big deal in two countries. At least in the hockey world,which is much larger than you would think. Well actually, you live up north so you would know sleepy. LOL!! My bad man, I forgot you are up in the frozen tundra of the USA, LOL!!!

Seriously though, it is a blackeye on the business' that call Nashville home and Preds fans customers. Especially since the pathetic football team has 100% paticipation from corporate Nashville.

I brought a DHL pilot in last week and he was wanting tickets for the playoff game on Sunday. He couldn't believe there were still tickets on sale. He is a die-hard Red Wings fan and the cheap tickets for a playoff game would be several hundred dollars from a scalper. Maybe things will get better as the years go on. I certainly hope so.

Honestly Lexy; I'm not try to make you mad, but Hockey will not have near the support that football get in the south. In the south people live, breath and eat football, and I for one can't tell you a thing about hockey. I don't even know what city the Sharks are from, nor do I think I am the only one in Tennessee, Northern Alabama or Southern Kentucky that knows. How many kids do you know around here that go to the pond to play hockey and how often do you see a kid shooting some basketball, throwing a baseball or playing so football in the back yard. Yes, if I lived in Nashville and not 80 miles away for $26.00 I would defiantly go rather I like Hockey or not. And yes I agree that it looks bad on Nashville especially for attractiveness to land a NBA or a MLB franchise. I

You know, as far as regional sports interests go, I don't even think that the Chicago Blackhawks get a tremendous turnout up here. There was a clip on the news this morning of a game, and it showed a massive fight break out among the players, and THAT brought a standing ovation from some kids in the audience, but apparently not the game itself. I'm not sure what their record (or their opponent's record) is at present or if that has anything to do with attendance. Compare to the the Cubs, who pretty much sell out Wrigley Field every game. And (finally) the White Sox are actually filling stands since they won the World Series last year.

I hear you Lexy, however, how many times do you see professional hockey on Network T.V.?

They dont even show much hockey on the other big sports stations like E.S.P.N. or T.N.T.

I saw game 1 on a channel that was far down on my visual t.v. guide, I did'nt even know what that channel was. Point being the NHL has to broadcast hockey like the other leagues broadcast their sports. Until they do that people are not going to get excited about it. Even arena football is broadcast on Network t.v.

When people start watching more hockey on t.v., then they can appreciate the game enough to go and watch it in person. (IMO) ;)

p.s. I'm not a hockey fan but i did enjoy the game. It had me on the edge of my seat. Now if they just show a litttle more hockey during primetime.... who knows.....

I hope they sell out on Sunday, but either way they announced that the game will will be shown locally. I think it would have been a huge mistake on the Predators part to black out the broadcast. Lexy I have a question: Why is Yanic Perreault not playing at all? He had a great year and now he is a healthly scratch every game. Also Sullivan needs to produce big on Sunday, he has been nowhere since he came back from that groin injury.

"Stupid argument."

You're correct. The attendance numbers proves my point. No argument necessary.

No, it just proves that there is too many people like yourself that live here. You know, narrow minded, unwilling to change, and egotistical. How can you be so stupid and narrowminded when it comes to a team that presents itself on an international stage for Nashville? I mean I could understand if you were form Brazil or something, but come on. Your responses are those that I would expect form a 12 year old, and quite honestly could be done without. I didn't start this thread for idiots, like yourself, to come on here and say the typical "Nashville isn't a hockey market bullshat". Sad. It takes time and years to develop a following and a grass roots effort in a new market. You should know that. Take a look at the youth hockey in the area and the state now and take a look before the Preds were here and you will see my point clearly. Time and patience is what is needed, not stupid, uneducated, and unwilling comments from a narrowminded person like yourself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing about Yanic is Trotz thinks he is too slow for San Jose, so he has played Sillinger in his place. I would love to see both Silly and Yanic out there for a one-two punch on the faceoffs myself. yanic provides offense, something we have lacked for three games now.

Okay, first of all Levy, you are starting to get on my nerves and let me give you a word of advice DO NOT insult me. To begin with, I was never talking to you in the first place. My opinion is simply that, MY OPINION. Secondly, to say I

Well...Good luck to the Preds tonight. It'll be a critical game that we have to win..

Certainly. I'll be there with bells and whistles on. Hopefully we can make something happen while we have a chance at home. I haven't heard about ticket sales today, but they sold around 500 the other night so there is hope for a decent crowd.

Archived