Granholm's roads plan irks suburbs

Allan

• 1 year later...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a great idea for irate suburbanites - QUIT MOVING FURTHER OUT INTO THE COUNTRYSIDE. the suburbs aren't something that just "happens" thanks to market trends, they are directly and deeply subsidized by the state. if suburbanites want to talk about fairness and fiscal responsibiltiy, they should think twice before they move out to the middle of nowhere (beck and I-96 for example) and expect the rest of the state to pay for their infrastructure!

• 2 months later...

I've got a great idea for irate suburbanites - QUIT MOVING FURTHER OUT INTO THE COUNTRYSIDE. the suburbs aren't something that just "happens" thanks to market trends, they are directly and deeply subsidized by the state. if suburbanites want to talk about fairness and fiscal responsibiltiy, they should think twice before they move out to the middle of nowhere (beck and I-96 for example) and expect the rest of the state to pay for their infrastructure!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is a good observation. You know, I lived part of my life on a small farm in Otter Lake, about 20 miles East of Flint. My father just couldn't resist "getting away from it all" I guess. But we made good use of that land by actually using it to produce something. By gollie, if a 'burbanite wants to be "away from it all", then they should go out and buy a tractor. And I don't mean using it for cutting grass either!

MrCoffee

That is a good observation.  You know, I lived part of my life on a small farm in Otter Lake, about 20 miles East of Flint.  My father just couldn't resist "getting away from it all" I guess.  But we made good use of that land by actually using it to produce something.  By gollie, if a 'burbanite wants to be "away from it all", then they should go out and buy a tractor.  And I don't mean using it for cutting grass either!

MrCoffee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG, I just met someone from Otter Lake. Once I was just driving around the countryside for the hell of it (when gas was a bit cheaper) and I stumbled across that town.

OMG, I just met someone from Otter Lake.  Once I was just driving around the countryside for the hell of it (when gas was a bit cheaper) and I stumbled across that town.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As you have probably found out, there isn't much there, really. Have you checked the real estate prices there lately? I've heard that houses are reasonable around those parts. I haven't been through that town in almost 10 years, but I might swing by once to get a look at it after I'm settled in Ann Arbor. Still, I think I would rather have the apartment in Ann Arbor and enjoy the ameneties.

MrCoffee

Archived